Immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't argue over something so unnecessary. My comment was nothing more than passive and from my point of view. Personally, IMO anyone who has these personalised towards themselves shirts in this matter looks silly.
It's safer than getting a current squad member's name printed on one though :102:

Some donut outside 'Marks and Sparks' today with 'DAD 50' on the back. Apologies if that's anyone on here but I thought it was a bit shit.
Was he a short indian looking bloke.? looks a bit like danny devito

danny_devito.jpg

I won't argue over something so unnecessary. My comment was nothing more than passive and from my point of view. Personally, IMO anyone who has these personalised towards themselves shirts in this matter looks silly.

Whereas someone who has a players name that lasts less than one season, costs the club a fortune and couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo on the back of his shirt is fine?

Here was I thinking this would be a nice, tasty, & heated thread on immigration. Bit of a let down, though may I wish the poster success in finding the information he needs.

On return to the UK my missus got a warning in her passport about her spending to much time in the UK. The guy at the immigration desk said that i could sponsor her but its unclear in what way.

Apparently she can only spend 6 months here in total, however i cannot find this information anywhere.

Does anyone know about this? Immigration lawyers are expensive :( and a last resort.

PS She's a US citizen
Look Drew, if her visa has ran out, send her back and look for something else to shag.

:081:

Look Drew, if her visa has ran out, send her back and look for something else to shag.

Is there still a ticket to New York going spare that she could use?

Last edited:
I was in the same situation in reverse, Drew. I ended up getting married and staying here. I probably can't give you any decent advice but there are ways around the official system that are worth taking.

There were various loopholes to squeeze through - for example, if we'd have declared that we intended to get married, they'd have said "oh, that's nice - if you'd just pop back to Britain now and we'll let you know when the paperwork is ready, shouldn't be more than six or eight months". I had no intention of going back to Britain and sitting there, so we got the wedding arranged, I arrived back in the US on a three month visa, we waited two months (to make it look more realistic), we got married and presented ourselves at the equivalent of County Hall. They had no problems letting me stay doing it that way.

Later this month I can apply for US citizenship, which I will take if I can get dual citizenship (I will not give up my UK citizenship). To get US citizenship you have to "denounce" any other country you've ever pledged allegiance to - the loophole being that I've never pledged allegiance to the UK so don't have to denounce it, thus keeping both citizenships.

I was in the same situation in reverse, Drew. I ended up getting married and staying here. I probably can't give you any decent advice but there are ways around the official system that are worth taking.

There were various loopholes to squeeze through - for example, if we'd have declared that we intended to get married, they'd have said "oh, that's nice - if you'd just pop back to Britain now and we'll let you know when the paperwork is ready, shouldn't be more than six or eight months". I had no intention of going back to Britain and sitting there, so we got the wedding arranged, I arrived back in the US on a three month visa, we waited two months (to make it look more realistic), we got married and presented ourselves at the equivalent of County Hall. They had no problems letting me stay doing it that way.

Later this month I can apply for US citizenship, which I will take if I can get dual citizenship (I will not give up my UK citizenship). To get US citizenship you have to "denounce" any other country you've ever pledged allegiance to - the loophole being that I've never pledged allegiance to the UK so don't have to denounce it, thus keeping both citizenships.

I had to go through a shit load of nonsense when i got married in New York. No benefits for two years, had to stay married for two years, had to prove i had a job ...................etc

I got offered to become a citizen of the US but turned it down.

When my girlfriend came to the uk she was given a 6 month visa, we went on holiday to Spain, and when we came through customs in Spain to come back, they said she had to go back to the US first before she could go back to the UK. What a f^cking nightmare that was, nearly missed the plane, but a UK representative helped us get back, but we had more shit to sort when we got back to the UK :mad:

Don't go to Spain Drew :icon_wink

Its ironic DF that my girlfriend is from Tucson maybe we could have done a straight swap, you for her... At this stage i'm not sure what will happen with regards to her visa.

I intend to sell my business at some point and move out to the States or Australia. Marriage is kinda a last resort, she's not sure what she will be doing come October anyway. I guess we'll jut sit it out and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice Biff, we were planning on going on holiday, i'll scrub off Spain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669