Immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew

On return to the UK my missus got a warning in her passport about her spending to much time in the UK. The guy at the immigration desk said that i could sponsor her but its unclear in what way.

Apparently she can only spend 6 months here in total, however i cannot find this information anywhere.

Does anyone know about this? Immigration lawyers are expensive :( and a last resort.

PS She's a US citizen

On return to the UK my missus got a warning in her passport about her spending to much time in the UK. The guy at the immigration desk said that i could sponsor her but its unclear in what way.

Apparently she can only spend 6 months here in total, however i cannot find this information anywhere.

Does anyone know about this? Immigration lawyers are expensive :( and a last resort.

PS She's a US citizen

Tourist visa is valid for 6-months for US citizens.

A helpful website...
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/

Last edited:

PS She's a US citizen

If the sex is OK just marry her, simple

You can also contact the Immigration Advisory Service on 262 9899.

They are based at 11 Millstone Lane, Leicester, LE1 5JN. They give free advice on that kind of thing.

Thanks but i have tried the IAS, it would seem if you have money then you have to pay a lot of money just for advice.

I work for the UK border agencey, and whilst i don't deal with visitors, i think one of the points on a visitor visa is that you intend to return at the end of the holders stay.

The telephone line to talk about visitor visas' is 0870 606 7766 (Immigration enquirey bureau)

Some donut outside 'Marks and Sparks' today with 'DAD 50' on the back. Apologies if that's anyone on here but I thought it was a bit shit.

I've been struggling to think of something to get my Dad - the archetypal man who has everything - for his 60th. Now I've got an idea... :icon_lol:

Some donut outside 'Marks and Sparks' today with 'DAD 50' on the back. Apologies if that's anyone on here but I thought it was a bit shit.
I'm guessing he was wearing it with pride as a treasured gift from his children for his 50th.

I am fully aware of that. IMHO it's bit of a shit gift.
Why? how do you what is personal taste would be?

If they bought their Dad a gift that suited your taste, then that would be a little insensitive, would it not?

Why? how do you what is personal taste would be?

If they bought their Dad a gift that suited your taste, then that would be a little insensitive, would it not?

I won't argue over something so unnecessary. My comment was nothing more than passive and from my point of view. Personally, IMO anyone who has these personalised towards themselves shirts in this matter looks silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669