Incident in Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man has been arrested and his bag destroyed in a controlled explosion after an incident on a Leicester bus.

The 43-year-old, who is from the city, was arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill on Thursday.

Shops and flats on Charles Street were evacuated and cordons put in place while a bomb disposal unit carried out a controlled explosion on the bag.

Police said the object posed no threat to public safety and cordons were removed at 2025 BST.

Superintendent Steve Boulton said: "We are confident that this is an isolated incident and does not have any links to terrorism.

"I would like to thank members of the public for their patience and co-operation during the incident. It was a demanding situation and I am pleased that it was resolved safely."

Charles Street, Belgrave Gate and Churchgate - located near the city's two main shopping centres - were closed by police during the operation.

Emergency teams were seen with a bomb disposal robot

There were delays to bus services while bomb squad officers detonated the bag.

Some bystanders had to wait for more than an hour in the rain because of delays to bus service in the area.

I was walking in the shires a few weeks ago and I saw this asian guy drop his full wallet. I picked it up, chased after him and gave it back to him.

He was delighted and told me not to near Leicester on the 29th of May.....

I've explained why I deleted it. IMO it was an unecessary post. I for one don't find a potetntial terror threat amusing, nor do I think it's right to make jokes about it. I agree it was outlined in a previous post that no one was hurt etc, but I stand by my decision to delete the post.

I guess anybody logging in to Talking Balls to view the General Chat section of the site, possibly aint too worried about owt :icon_wink

I was walking in the shires a few weeks ago and I saw this asian guy drop his full wallet. I picked it up, chased after him and gave it back to him.

He was delighted and told me not to near Leicester on the 29th of May....

Did he keep repeating it?:102:

I've explained why I deleted it. IMO it was an unecessary post. I for one don't find a potetntial terror threat amusing, nor do I think it's right to make jokes about it. I agree it was outlined in a previous post that no one was hurt etc, but I stand by my decision to delete the post.
that means you had not read the link like the rest of us had.....:icon_bigg

He was delighted and told me not to near Leicester on the 29th of May.....
What?

I've heard the guy arrested was called Terry Smith, can anybody confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669