India Test Series thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever turned up on the day for a fifth day of a test match? How early would I need to be there?

I have tomorrow off and fancy it but I really need a good kip tonight. Any advice.

Also I assume Stanmore would be full by 9am on Monday.

I remember going down to see the Lords NZ test in about 2004, Nasser's last test where he hit a ton on the last day. I arrived after the start of play and got in.

There were a fair few Kiwis in the crowd but I reckon the Indians will be up for this. There is a chance of a Sachin ton after all.

Anyone ever turned up on the day for a fifth day of a test match? How early would I need to be there?

I have tomorrow off and fancy it but I really need a good kip tonight. Any advice.

Also I assume Stanmore would be full by 9am on Monday.
Hazzman, they've just announced on talksport, all sold out. If you're not in, you won't get in.
Hope you're in, should be a great days cricket.

All set up for test No 2. Zaheer is out, maybe Tremlet as well for us. If England are to win against the number one team I'd like to see them beat their strongest side.

A few on here are going? Hope the weather is favourable.

Its not been a great start for England. 2 down. Strauss and Pieterson there now.

93 for 6

Shambles

Could be worse as well, I gather a couple of the LBWs turned down looked very very good shouts and that Bell was put down in the slips.

Sounds like the ball is really moving around. Hope Anderson and Bresnan can get it moving - as it will suit them.

Remember - we don't know a par score till the Indians have had a bat too....

117-7.

Bresnan gone.

I haven't seen much of Bresnan batting - but is he really above Swann on merit?

117-7.

Bresnan gone.

I haven't seen much of Bresnan batting - but is he really above Swann on merit?

He is more of an allrounder than Swann but hasn't yet shown as much in tests. But Swann has been very much off the boil recently.

Good counter attack with Broad today though, edging towards 200.

Really looking forward to tomorrow - hope we cut through their batting order before the Wolf Blass & Pimms kicks in

Bad toss to lose. I expect India to get a decent first innings lead.

Think we'll need to bat quite well second time around.

A bit of a fight back, Broad with three quick wickets with the new ball. If we get them out for under 300 then we're right back in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669