India v England ODI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much Cricket nowadays,I remember when it stopped in September and they did one Tour in the Winter and that was it.Nowadays its all the time

Was that when you could leave your doors open and it only cost a shilling for a pint of beer? :icon_roll

I love the fact you felt it was necessary to show us an email you had sent :081::081:

England always start of slow when touring countries, you watch next match we will win or at least make it a contest! :icon_bigg

:icon_lol:

Yeah I agree with that, It does take time to adjust. The series will be alot closer then todays result suggests. I think it will be a 4-3 type result.

I don't understand why Bopara was so low down the order. Is Cook up for a recall :102:

Chak De India!!!

Well done boys, Austraila last week and then England!!

:038::038::038::038::038:

:icon_lol:

Yeah I agree with that, It does take time to adjust. The series will be alot closer then todays result suggests. I think it will be a 4-3 type result.

I don't understand why Bopara was so low down the order. Is Cook up for a recall :102:

To be honest I was just making excuses, England should have been better.

I think Bopara was down in the order in case of a collapse just like this unfortunately I think it was 'too big' a collapse!

I dont think Cook is suited to ODI he takes too long to build an innings.

Interesting that Bopara batted as low as 8. Doesn't matter in the context of this match, but I'd like to see him higher up the order.

They've created a situation by batting Flintoft so high - that either Shah or Bopara bats 3 and the other 7 or 8.

I think they have this wrong and if they play Shah he is better down the order.

I wouldn't doubt that England will improve as the ODI series progresses - but, in general, is Peter Moores making a sufficient impression to justify his job? Time for a review at the end of next summer in my opinion.

but, in general, is Peter Moores making a sufficient impression to justify his job? Time for a review at the end of next summer in my opinion.

Nope, he's no Duncan Fletcher, and if it weren't for the Aussies weakening we wouldn't have a chance next year under his leadership.

Nope, he's no Duncan Fletcher, and if it weren't for the Aussies weakening we wouldn't have a chance next year under his leadership.

Exactly. He is in a fortunate position in that Australia have lost personnel that are irreplaceable in the short term and also team balance - as we know this is an inevitable process that happens in time to all great teams.

Of course, it may just suit ECB internal politics to have a relatively weak head coach.

Interesting times ahead in the test arena.
Aussies in decline, leaving England, India, and South Africa with the chance to take top spot.

Personally I don't think the Ausies are as week as some people think and they certainly aren't as bad as Botham made out the other week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669