India Vs England 5th ODI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Test Series goes ahead so we will no doubt get a good trouncing at that too

Or alternatively, the BCCI is saying that the test series goes ahead as a positioning move.

In fact, technically the remaining 2 ODIs have been "postponed" rather than cancelled - as the BCCI have made clear.

I think the determination of these issues has a good way still to run - for instance i would expect the Professional Cricketers Association (PCA) to be very reluctant to see their members playing in India for the time being.

I see a potential rift developing here between Giles Clarke and the PCA/Players with Hugh Morris in the middle.

Obviously for the sake of international cricket relations, Clarke will want the test matches played if at all possible. But, somehow I don't see the players being that keen to return once they get back to the UK.

Who knows which way the mop will flop.

Or alternatively, the BCCI is saying that the test series goes ahead as a positioning move.

In fact, technically the remaining 2 ODIs have been "postponed" rather than cancelled - as the BCCI have made clear.

I think the determination of these issues has a good way still to run - for instance i would expect the Professional Cricketers Association (PCA) to be very reluctant to see their members playing in India for the time being.

I suspect 2 test matches and 2 ODIs are now being included as leverage - for one side or t'other - in the ongoing negotiations about IPL/EPL

I agree, I can't see the PCA letting their members play in India in the near future when other British citizens are being given support about heading home

I suspect 2 test matches and 2 ODIs are now being included as leverage - for one side or t'other - in the ongoing negotiations about IPL/EPL

I agree, I can't see the PCA letting their members play in India in the near future when other British citizens are being given support about heading home

The PCA may put pressure on the ECB who in turn would look for a Government directive.

It's complicated though because the likes of Flintoft are going public on their desire to play in the IPL asserting that we are in danger of being left behind in terms of skills development.

To be honest, I'm more interested in the survival of our domestic county cricket and it's difficult to tell how all these things will shape up.

It was a wise decision to cancel the ODI. The safety of the players and fans are important.

However, should this be a draw? I'd hope the English players/board/staff/fans would have the integrity to go out and elect India the winners of the series.

Should this be a draw, then England have in effect CHEATED.
Eh? I dont know why you think anyone would doubt that India have won the series :102:

We're cheating? You're the ones who want to shoot us ffs

That would also make you very thick, what with you being English an' all.

Yes but I am not white. CM has confused a: think they are when they aren't Muslim to myself which I find very ignorant. Maybe I should call all white people Germans or French or American etc?

It's ignorant people like that, that cause problems around the world.

Why do Indians support India in cricket? Yet in football they follow England? Major identity crisis some people have.

Yes but I am not white. CM has confused a: think they are when they aren't Muslim to myself which I find very ignorant. Maybe I should call all white people Germans or French or American etc?

It's ignorant people like that, that cause problems around the world.

What you have posted makes no sense

Seems to me like alot of people are either Indian or brittish but only when it suits them.
People i work with do it and say this place is a shithole....funny that as i dont see them rushing to there mother land.

Why do Indians support India in cricket? Yet in football they follow England? Major identity crisis some people have.

In regards to supporting England: I've never EVER supported England in football/badmington/boxing/rugby/racing/tennis/table tennis/cricket/fencing/archery/any athletic games/ cock fighting and any other sports.

Why do the English support England, deteste Scotland/Wales then support them when play tennis or athletics?!

What you have posted makes no sense

CM had suggested what people call, " my lot," were at fault for the terrorist attacks. The muslims had attacked people not my lot. Suggesting i'm a Muslim was a major insult to me, just like I thought being called a German to a patriotic Englishman would to them.

Seems to me like alot of people are either Indian or brittish but only when it suits them.
People i work with do it and say this place is a shithole....funny that as i dont see them rushing to there mother land.

Yep I agree, and know a lot of people who say that.

In regards to supporting England: I've never EVER supported England in football/badmington/boxing/rugby/racing/tennis/table tennis/cricket/fencing/archery/any athletic games/ cock fighting and any other sports.

Why do the English support England, deteste Scotland/Wales then support them when play tennis or athletics?!

Wasn't aimed at you just generally wondering as i know a lot of people who do, plus i hate tennis.
Your English right? Why dont you support them in anything?

Yep I agree, and know a lot of people who say that.

They all support Man Utd too, must just be a case of glory worshippers.

Last edited:
I've always been brought up to support India in cricket, so supporting England would be a contridiction.

Yeah but that's because they have family in Mancester :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670