Inter Definitely Not Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
20406180941.jpg

Just great. I've already cancelled my travel arrangements, and there is no point in me arranging something else until its official on the OS that it's back on, which lets face it will probably take until tomorrow (if it is back on at all).

From the OS. ;)
OS said:
INTER GAME BACK ON

Leicester City v Inter MilanLeicester City will now play Inter Milan at the Walkers Stadium on Monday as originally scheduled (7.45pm).

The glamour pre-season friendly was yesterday cancelled after the Italian giants withdraw from their four-game tour of England because of increasing security concerns.

As a result the Foxes announced that they would be seeking substantial damages from Inter.

But following intervention at government level, the visitors have today confirmed that they will now travel to this country and honour their commitments.

The Serie A outfit have described the furore over the issue as a "misunderstanding".

The Italians, coached by former City player Roberto Mancini, are due to arrive in England later today.

Chief Executive Tim Davies said: "We welcome Inter's decision and are now looking forward to welcoming them to the Walkers Stadium.

"I know our supporters have been inconvenienced over the last 24 hours through no fault of our own but we have received reassurances from Inter that the game will now definitely take place.

"I would therefore urge as many Leicester fans as possible to attend to make the evening a night to remember."

City's friendly with Boston United will now be rearranged.

Supporters are reminded that they can purchase tickets for tomorrow's friendly up until kick-off.

They are priced at £10 and £5 for season-ticket holders and £15 and £5 for non season-ticket holders.

Changed their mind again the plane's turned back while in the air...bet Boston love all this pissing about.

....No,it's OK they are coming.........hold on..they're not.Yes they are, no they aren't.They said they will come as long as you all promise to make any loud banging noises.

not quite brauny i think they had a tip that milan is at risk so they are doing one over here :icon_lol:

I think we should still be entitled to some compesation, I would imagine we have encoured costs by canceling the police, stewerds, ground staff, progs, food, people to serve the food, all the corperate stuff - not to mention the cost that Boston will of incured aswell from reagranging that fixture about 10 times.

Then if you consider we will of lost plenty of fans for this match as a result of the cancelation. This has already cost me as I now have to buy more expensive train tickets as I am unable to use teh 3 day advanced reductions!!

I doubt we will pursue compensation now - it would appear rather churlish.

It is bad for Boston and all of the fans. I hope as many as possible make the effort to turn up now and make it a night to remember!

Fox Fan said:
This has already cost me as I now have to buy more expensive train tickets as I am unable to use teh 3 day advanced reductions!!

But the match was cancelled on Saturday - and you would have had to buy your 3-day advanced tickets by Friday at the latest - so you must have bought them before the match was cancelled - but now the match isn't cancelled, so you will still be able to use them.

So tell me again how this has cost you!
:confused:

Or were you talking balls?
:soccer::soccer::soccer::soccer::soccer::soccer:

Last edited:
bocadillo said:
But the match was cancelled on Saturday - and you would have had to buy your 3-day advanced tickets by Friday at the latest - so you must have bought them before the match was cancelled - but now the match isn't cancelled, so you will still be able to use them.

So tell me again how this has cost you!
:confused:

Or were you talking balls?
:soccer::soccer::soccer::soccer::soccer::soccer:

This thread started on Friday, and if you'd read what he wrote earlier in the thread you'd know he decided not to buy tickets on Friday, when three day advance tickets may have still been available.

webmaster said:
This thread started on Friday, and if you'd read what he wrote earlier in the thread you'd know he decided not to buy tickets on Friday, when three day advance tickets may have still been available.

Thank you webmaster, you are indeed correct.

Fox Fan said:
Thank you webmaster, you are indeed correct.

In that case, I apologise.

Please tell me more about these 3-day advance tickets. They don't seem to be available between Birmingham and Leicester. And the last cross-City line train would have gone before you could get back to either Barnt Green or Longbridge.

Or perhaps you longer live in Barnt Green?

bocadillo said:
In that case, I apologise.

Please tell me more about these 3-day advance tickets. They don't seem to be available between Birmingham and Leicester. And the last cross-City line train would have gone before you could get back to either Barnt Green or Longbridge.

Or perhaps you longer live in Barnt Green?

Yes this is true, that last cross city line train does leave before I arrive back at the loverly Brimingham New Street, which is why were going to park in town (Birmingham) and catch the train up from there. I was told about the 3day advanced thing by the woman who i spoke to at National Rail Enquires.

Fox Fan said:
Yes this is true, that last cross city line train does leave before I arrive back at the loverly Brimingham New Street, which is why were going to park in town (Birmingham) and catch the train up from there. I was told about the 3day advanced thing by the woman who i spoke to at National Rail Enquires.

I know that Central trains do a 3-day advanced (and a 1-day and a 7-day advanced), but I don't think they do between New Street and Leicester. Did she give you a fare for it? I think the cheapest fare for the journey is the Cheap day Return which does not need to be bought in advance.

It may have been the NRE woman that was 'talking balls' then - and not you. Either way, I would have thought that Webbo could have been a little more pleased about the advertising!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669