Inter Definitely Not Coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ox Fox said:
20310090173.jpg

Nicely put Ox, bunch of tarts...

mad biker said:
Your damn right there Mr Hazell, especially as I definately have no "family" contacts within the club, makes you the man in that department, the game was not off last night, the definate cancellation came today, still we have the glamour trip to Boston instead !!

Ben(my boyf) rang me just after 1pm. he was at the gorund waiting for me to have a look round the shop when he saw Levein and was having a chat with him and heard it from him about the game being called off.
Levein wasn't happy apparently...

beaumontfox said:
Ben(my boyf) rang me just after 1pm. he was at the gorund waiting for me to have a look round the shop when he saw Levein and was having a chat with him and heard it from him about the game being called off.
Levein wasn't happy apparently...

I'm not suprised , its a big disapointment for the fans and players. It kind of throws our pre-season upside down .

Why not have a mini-tournament involving all or some of the Clubs involved. :102:

I've never been a fan of Ken Livingston but for once i have to agree with him. He says that the terroists will be celebrating Inter Milans decision to cancel their 4 game tour of England. After the London bombings i thought the true Brit spirit shone through, with the Londoners taking the first chance to resume normal life. It would have been nice if Inter had gone ahead with the tour whilst making a defiant statement against the terroists. We should never show these maniacs that they are capable of changing our way of life.

Brauny Blue said:
I've never been a fan of Ken Livingston but for once i have to agree with him. He says that the terroists will be celebrating Inter Milans decision to cancel their 4 game tour of England. After the London bombings i thought the true Brit spirit shone through, with the Londoners taking the first chance to resume normal life. It would have been nice if Inter had gone ahead with the tour whilst making a defiant statement against the terroists. We should never show these maniacs that they are capable of changing our way of life.

Your right, the Europeans are oviously weaker minded than we. The Spanish gave in and voted to call the troops back from Iraq; this proberly gave the terrorists more cause for terrorism because it allowed them to think it worked. Milan canceling this set of games gives them a similar message. The terrorists want to destory our way of life and by putting fear into the Italians they have at least disrupted it slightly.

I heard Leicester city centre was evacuated last night? Any truth to that?

Steven said:
Why not have a mini-tournament involving all or some of the Clubs involved. :102:

Seems like a good idea, but with the lack of time its unlikly it could be cobbled together.

disappointed doesnt even cover it :mad: inters first match would have been against us so if they were 'scared' about flying into london (i presume) they could have flown into ema instead :102: im sure if it had been a champions league game they wouldnt have cancelled. at least the other teams who were due to play them can try and sort out another game - we cant its too fecking short notice :icon_evil lost revenue etc, i think its a poxy excuse as it took them soooooo long in agreeing to this in the first place, i cant believe it first we was going to go to the boston game then that was postponed and now this one :icon_sad: had to make do with a trip to the kc today to see hearts win :038: every cloud and that.....:icon_bigg

Fox Fan said:
Your right, the Europeans are oviously weaker minded than we. The Spanish gave in and voted to call the troops back from Iraq; this proberly gave the terrorists more cause for terrorism because it allowed them to think it worked. Milan canceling this set of games gives them a similar message. The terrorists want to destory our way of life and by putting fear into the Italians they have at least disrupted it slightly.

I heard Leicester city centre was evacuated last night? Any truth to that?

The Spaniards gave in as you put it because Aznar the Spanish PM blamed ETA to cover up his involvement in Iraq. :icon_eek:

Steven said:
The Spaniards gave in as you put it because Aznar the Spanish PM blamed ETA to cover up his involvement in Iraq. :icon_eek:

They hardly snuck into Iraq under cover of darkness and then didn't tell anyone about it. The bombings should not of come into the election at all IMO.

Inter to rethink England tour cancellation. :icon_eek: :eek:

Reuters said:
Inter Milan will rethink their cancellation of a pre-season England tour because of safety fears following the London suicide bombings after the city's mayor said terrorists would be celebrating the decision.

"The club ... in the light of the misunderstanding following the cancellation of the team's England duties ... is looking into the possibility of finding a positive solution to the situation," Inter said in a statement on their website.

Inter were due to play Portsmouth, Leicester City, Norwich City and Crystal Palace, all in the last week of July.

The only match which would have taken place in London would have been against Crystal Palace.

London's mayor Ken Livingstone hit out at Inter's decision, telling Sky News on Saturday: "I think that it is a very silly thing to do because it is playing the terrorists' game. They want to change the way we live."

He added: "The terrorists, I am sure, will be celebrating their decision. The idea there might not be an attack back home (in Milan), that they are more safe there than here, is a complete illusion.

"The truth is, as we have seen from the horrifying news from Egypt, nowhere in the world is safe."

Four British-born suicide bombers killed 52 people and injured 700 others in attacks on three trains and a bus in London on July 7.

The capital was struck again this week when another four bombs appeared to have failed to detonate properly.

On Saturday, at least 88 people were killed and around 200 injured when car bombs ripped through the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh in the worst attack in Egypt since 1981.

The Italian government has said Italy, a U.S. ally in the war in Iraq, could be the next target for terrorists. Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu has said terrorism is "knocking on Italy's door".

The English clubs let down by Inter were damning in their criticism.

Norwich chief executive Neil Doncaster said the Italians were "giving in to the terrorists".

"We find Inter Milan's decision hugely disappointing and totally wrong ... Pulling out at this late stage causes considerable inconvenience to our supporters," he said.

Source

They will be hard pressed to meet their Monday commitment with us even if they do reconsider.

You have to feel sorry for our fans and Boston as nobody has a scooby what is going on at the moment!

I think Inter have worked out the legal costs and realised their will lose a hatful of money. Thereby realising they must keep their promise. Personally if Inter do go ahead I cant see LCFC having the game on Monday but later in the week, if it does happen.

Inter are wankers really they could of called it off on Thursday night but they lefted it till Saturday morning. Now on Sunday morning, they consider. Its too much humming and ahhing.

Boston havent got a facking clue when their game with City will be played its had three different dates.

Palace also have more claim about this sham as they signed a contract last summer when signing two of Inter's players on the promise of a friendly next year.

Is it on ? :102:

Carlo on another forum said:
The British Foreign Minister has just revealed they are currently boarding a plane for the UK as we speak!!!

Apparently said on Five Live.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572