Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, I was singing his praises last night despite being surrounded by spurs fans who were saying how great Kane is.

People treated Heskey exactly the same. Even when he went to Liverpool, he was dismissed entirely unfairly.

The only conclusion is that most football supporters and, significantly, the journalists that set the agenda, are ignorant and reactive feckwits.

I would say 8 or 9 out of 10 fans are as thick as pig shit.

If you need and corroboration of this just take a flick through the pages of Foxes Talk.

The only conclusion is that most football supporters and, significantly, the journalists that set the agenda, are ignorant and reactive feckwits.

Agree with this re the journalists (especially those writing for the red tops), they seem to mainly go with the populist view to pander to their readers, but disagree that most supporters are ignorant and reactive feckwits. They (like us) will be heavily biased towards their own players. I love Jamie and am only watching the current England games to watch him play. I really don't get the current media obsession with Kane. He's done feck all this season, but seems to be an automatic inclusion in Rooney's absence. I also think England play much better without Rooney who I don't rate at all.

But I also recognize this is a very partisan view and one that will not be shared by the Manure and Spurs fans.

Kane seems a natural replacement for Rooney, if anything Kane is better. Whereas Rooney has only been laughable in the big matches Kane is consistently a massive joke every game.

Very proud to be at Wales v Andorra tonight for our qualification party - and to see Tom Lawrence make his competitive debut for Wales. Up until now I understand he was dual-qualified so he won't need to worry about being given the Vardy treatment for England!

He did well coming off the bench.

I watched a bit of Tanzania-Algeria earlier today. Mahrez played 90 mins. Algeria (and Riyad) were struggling when I was watching early in the second half, the pitch looked a bit dodgy as well, but finished 2-2 after two late Algerian goals.

From what I've seen of African football, home advantage seems to be a much bigger thing, so that's probably a decent result.

Kasper with a great save in the SWE-DEN game

Sweden put one behind Kasper just before halftime.

Yahweh scored from the pen though. Not much Kasper could do about that. Looks like we won't see Kasper in the finals next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566