Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

W88DY

My mate has lost internet explorer on her computer and we carnt seem to get it back, I have managed to get the icon back on the desktop but when i click on it nothing happens?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

My mate has lost internet explorer on her computer and we carnt seem to get it back, I have managed to get the icon back on the desktop but when i click on it nothing happens?

Any ideas?

Cheers.

No great loss. Just download and install Google Chrome.

but carnt get online to download it

That's a point. Have you looked in the Program Files folder for iexplore?

Last edited:
I can't remember what it's called but isn't there a thing on your friends computer where you can reset your computer to it's settings from a previous date?

I can't remember what it's called but isn't there a thing on your friends computer where you can reset your computer to it's settings from a previous date?

System Restore is what you are searching for.

That's a point. Have you looked in the Program Files folder for iexplore?

yes, and i dragged it out to the desktop so it placed icon there but when its clicked nothing happens but shes still online cus she can download music from some site she uses.

yeah, its system restore but could only go back a few days and didnt work

By any chance does this friend have Google Earth installed? If so, open it up.

Zoom into anywhere populated and find a photo.

Double click the photo, and it should open up the internet browser.

Go and download Google Chrome.

EDIT: Would also work by using many other programs such as TweetDeck which can access the website of the developer.

Last edited:
Click start and then select 'Run'.
Type this in....."C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
If that dont work you'll need to reinstall it. Or get Firefox.

Click start and then select 'Run'.
Type this in....."C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
If that dont work you'll need to reinstall it. Or get Firefox.

Thanks for your help, I'll try it

You could download IE (or a better browser) on a different computer elsewhere, and then transfer the install file to her computer and install it that way.

its very difficult to accidentally uninstall ie, I would run her AntiVirus scan and do a check

Almost certainly a virus IMO. Fixed a PC recently with the same issue. No anti virus software installed.

You could download IE (or a better browser) on a different computer elsewhere, and then transfer the install file to her computer and install it that way.

I downloaded IE 6, 7 + 8 and burnt them all to disc, I tryed to install IE 6 but it said that there was a newer version already on the computer, so I installed IE 8 checked in add/remove programmes checked the date of install and it wasn't the one that I just installed as the date was older,

Clicked on IE icon on desktop but still nothing happened, I think I should uninstall the one that's already on there and try again.

I downloaded IE 6, 7 + 8 and burnt them all to disc, I tryed to install IE 6 but it said that there was a newer version already on the computer, so I installed IE 8 checked in add/remove programmes checked the date of install and it wasn't the one that I just installed as the date was older,

Clicked on IE icon on desktop but still nothing happened, I think I should uninstall the one that's already on there and try again.

I think you should backup anything essential, re format and reisntall windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566