Internet Foxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

InternetFox

Just to let you all know that the Internetfoxes play their last league game of the year tomorrow against Mansfield IFC.

Mansfield have very kindly agreed to play us on their way down to watch their main team play Rushden in the afternnon.

Game to take place at Aylestone Park FC, Dorset Avenue in Wigston.
Ko is 10.30am

Re: Inetrnet Foxes

InternetFox said:
Just to let you all know that the Internetfoxes play their last league game of the year tomorrow against Mansfield IFC.

Mansfield have very kindly agreed to play us on their way down to watch their main team play Rushden in the afternnon.

Game to take place at Aylestone Park FC, Dorset Avenue in Wigston.
Ko is 10.30am

30 seconds away from my gaff... I won't be there though. :)

Following on Leicester's 2 - 3 defeat on Friday night, the InternetFoxes slipped to their 7th defeat of the season losing a 2 - 1 lead to finish 2 - 3 down in a very competitive game on a very difficult pitch.

Next Game - 14th January 2006 - away at Peterborough.

InternetFox said:
Following on Leicester's 2 - 3 defeat on Friday night, the InternetFoxes slipped to their 7th defeat of the season losing a 2 - 1 lead to finish 2 - 3 down in a very competitive game on a very difficult pitch.

Next Game - 14th January 2006 - away at Peterborough.

Just like the real thing. :rolleyes:

Steven said:
Just like the real thing. :rolleyes:

The score might have been just like the real thing, the game might be the real thing - but, having recently given up managing the InternetFoxes after a 3 year stint(or was it 4?, I can assure you that internet football is nothing like the real thing.

The Internet Football Association has grown out of an initiative during Euro96 when a tournament was held in Nottingham involving fans from all 16 teams in the main competition. Now fans teams up and down the country meet each other before their teams play - and then go to the pub together after the game. Although internet football is not about winning and losing, more about taking part and building bridges between fans of different temas, there is still a firm competitive edge. A League and Cup competition run throghout the season and in each May just over 1,000 fans get together for a big tournament up in Leeds.

The only qualification that you have to have to play internet football is that you must communicate with other fans via a mailing list or message board - so everybody on here would qualify. I have seen games where players from 18 to 60 years of age have been involved - and I have seen loads of good games which everybody seems to enjoy.

I know that Bernie, the current boss, is having a bit of a problem getting enough players for some of the games, particularly away from home, so if you fancy a game just let him know. You can get in touch with the InternetFoxes by joining the list where their games are advertised - if you see a game you fancy, just let them know. You can join the list by clicking here and sending the email.

bocadillo said:
The score might have been just like the real thing, the game might be the real thing - but, having recently given up managing the InternetFoxes after a 3 year stint(or was it 4?, I can assure you that internet football is nothing like the real thing.

The Internet Football Association has grown out of an initiative during Euro96 when a tournament was held in Nottingham involving fans from all 16 teams in the main competition. Now fans teams up and down the country meet each other before their teams play - and then go to the pub together after the game. Although internet football is not about winning and losing, more about taking part and building bridges between fans of different temas, there is still a firm competitive edge. A League and Cup competition run throghout the season and in each May just over 1,000 fans get together for a big tournament up in Leeds.

The only qualification that you have to have to play internet football is that you must communicate with other fans via a mailing list or message board - so everybody on here would qualify. I have seen games where players from 18 to 60 years of age have been involved - and I have seen loads of good games which everybody seems to enjoy.

I know that Bernie, the current boss, is having a bit of a problem getting enough players for some of the games, particularly away from home, so if you fancy a game just let him know. You can get in touch with the InternetFoxes by joining the list where their games are advertised - if you see a game you fancy, just let them know. You can join the list by clicking here and sending the email.

Please please please tell me thats not the Bernie I am thinking of :icon_bigg

does he drive a bus?

DurhamFox said:
Please please please tell me thats not the Bernie I am thinking of :icon_bigg

If you're thinking of the one who was photographed standing in horse-shit at Blackburn, you're right. It's not that one!

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
does he drive a bus?

Drive a bus? He's not big enough to reach the pedals!!

bocadillo said:
Drive a bus? He's not big enough to reach the pedals!!
Probably for the hinckley based foxes only there boc, sorry. Could see the bernie from blackburn/shit saga being a good manager. Have we found the replacement for CL at last? At least he has passion and pride in the blue of lcfc!!

bocadillo said:

Thanks Boc
Our Bernie is indeed struggling for players at the moment with quite a lot of our regulars being out injured, or having work / other commitments.

For our match last week we only had 11 players on the friday night , & on the saturday morning had 3 of them drop out. We travelled all the way to Rotherham with only 8 players, and were lucky enough to be able to "loan" 3 of their spare players. We got tonked 10 - 2 but totally enjoyed the game.

As Boc has said, it is not the winning that counts (Though that would be nice every now & Again) but taking part & having a laugh.

if you want to find out more about the end of season tournament click the link below
http://www.internetfootball.org.uk/

fcukcov said:
Probably for the hinckley based foxes only there boc, sorry. Could see the bernie from blackburn/shit saga being a good manager. Have we found the replacement for CL at last? At least he has passion and pride in the blue of lcfc!!
You say 'blue', but to be fair, it's more like a dirty grey colour.

If you play up near liverpool you can count me in, old fashioned left sided defender, built like Gerry Taggart! Hmmm, a few less pies for me i suspect

LiverpoolFox said:
If you play up near liverpool you can count me in, old fashioned left sided defender, built like Gerry Taggart! Hmmm, a few less pies for me i suspect

It's always difficult to get a full team up for away games, so I am sure that Bernie would be only too pleased to hear from foxiles who might just be available in one part of the country or another. I know he was short at Hull earlier in the year, so YV could have got a game!

The thing is that you need to let him know that you are available and you've got to know when the games are coming up. Please follow the links given in earlier messages to either join the InternetFoxes mailing list or to contact Bernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669