Ios 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Anyone upgraded to this yet?

I'm just in the process of installing it on my iphone 4 and just wondered if it was worth the wait and the hype.

Does it work WELL on the 3GS though? Because I never installed iOS4 for that reason...

I might just wait. I'm going to try and get the 4S in the next few weeks anyway

Does it work WELL on the 3GS though? Because I never installed iOS4 for that reason...

Who knows? It was only released today :)

I had no problems with IOS4 on a 3GS?

Haven't been able to download IOS5, server has been too busy tonight it seems.

Some benchmark tests show the 3GS almost twice as fast in iOS5 as iOS4 - I haven't got one to test.. but that sounds pretty good. 3GS is still a current Apple offering (even after the launch of the 4S) so it should work fine

Installing as we speak. Not expecting much of an upgrade tbh but there's usually one or two bits that make life easier for us lazy sods.

Well, apart from iTunes crashing mid installation, having to uninstall and reinstall iTunes, finding that iTunes needs a kick up its metaphorical backside to put my contacts back onto my iPhone, the upgrade went well.

I actually expected worse.

Apple servers hit by DNS.

I have noticed the phone running faster today and the changes to the camera are nice - but I use Camera+.

The Cloud wiped all my personal data, contacts and backup.

I fail to see the point of any of this.

Apple servers hit by DNS.

I have noticed the phone running faster today and the changes to the camera are nice - but I use Camera+.

The Cloud wiped all my personal data, contacts and backup.

I fail to see the point of any of this.

Oh shite.. how did you get your contacts back? I'm downloading it now and starting to panic a little...

Oh shite.. how did you get your contacts back? I'm downloading it now and starting to panic a little...

It's Mawsley. Just how long would it have taken him to re-enter his mums number anyway :102:

:icon_wink

I cancelled the install in the end - too many stories on apple discussion boards of disgruntled people with fecked iPhones :icon_lol:

Try the HTC upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670