iPad released today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can play youtube vids through its own youtube app (well the iPhone and iPod touch can) but your right in the sense that it can't play flash from any other website.

It can play youtube vids through its own youtube app (well the iPhone and iPod touch can) but your right in the sense that it can't play flash from any other website.

Yep, but the problem with that is that it can only run one app at a time, so you can't browse the web and play youtube vids at the same time.

retarded.com

Yep, but the problem with that is that it can only run one app at a time, so you can't browse the web and play youtube vids at the same time.

retarded.com
annoying as that is, how often do you let a video play in the background and not watch it when looking at something else. Its annoying you can't do it, but still.

Though yes it is annoying you can do multi-tasking for many things.

annoying as that is, how often do you let a video play in the background and not watch it when looking at something else. Its annoying you can't do it, but still.

Quite often, as it goes, I did exactly that just yesterday with a music playlist.
Besides, it applies to any app that you want to run. For example, at the moment I've nine different programs running on this PC, including this browser. Not possible to do with an iTampon.

theemporersnewclothes.com

Yes but you're more likely to listen to music on the iPad because of its MP3 function

but yes. its a bit pointless. If it had the same capabilities as a macbook but purely touchscreen might be a bit more interesting

The new firmware for the iPad and iPhone 3Gs allows multiple apps to run at the same time. Released next month I believe.

Seriously, how is it?

Do you recommend them with the updated OS?

As far as I am aware iOS 4.2 isn't released yet, possibly tomorrow. So in its current state it's a bit clunkier than an iPhone with iOS 4 installed. That was my first impression as I've been running with v3 since I bought it some time ago now and have had iOS 4 (on my iPhone 4) since it came out.

If you want something that easy and portable to browse the web, with a bigger screen and longer battery life than a smartphone it's a joy. If you're after a laptop replacement, youll be disappointed.

Once it gets the iOS 4 upgrade it will be much better too.

I love mine for web browing around the house etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363