iPhone, Blackberry or other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've owned both an iphone and a BlackBerry. The iphone is better hands down. The BB is too slow, crashes most times, crap signal, crap apps store, awful battery (so is iphone though) The only good thing about BB is the BB chat, where you can chat to other BB members for free. But you can download a similiar app for the iphone called Ping.

So my advice would be to get the iphone.

My advice would be to not get an iPhone or a Blackberry.

Don't be paranoid of the Android

Iphone without a doubt. Everyone I know that settled for the Blackberry because it was cheaper is either annoyed and wants an iphone or has already upgraded.

If you can spare the extra cash it will be worth it in the long run!

It isn't a choice between either an iPhone OR a Blackberry. He should've titled this thread 'Smart phone recommendations'

Got a similar dilema here. Smashed the front screen of my 3G.

Might have a go at fixing it myself but if that goes terribly wrong i'll be on the market for a new one.

Is it worth spending more on the iPhone 4, or should i save a few quid and go for the 3Gs? (going on the replies in this thread the BB is not an option).

Might have a go at fixing it myself but if that goes terribly wrong i'll be on the market for a new one.

Is it worth spending more on the iPhone 4, or should i save a few quid and go for the 3Gs? (going on the replies in this thread the BB is not an option).

I have the 3GS, only problem I've got with it is the battery life - I charge it every day.

Sidekick has the iPhone 4, absolutely loves it. Better camera, slimmer body and battery life problem has apparently been eliminated. If you think the extra cash is worth a better camera and less frequent charges then go for the 4, otherwise 3GS is more than sufficient.

I have the 3GS, only problem I've got with it is the battery life - I charge it every day.

Sidekick has the iPhone 4, absolutely loves it. Better camera, slimmer body and battery life problem has apparently been eliminated. If you think the extra cash is worth a better camera and less frequent charges then go for the 4, otherw*s* 3GS is more than sufficient.

The biggest issue for me on the iP4 is the tariffs.

The biggest issue for me on the iP4 is the tariffs.

If you are looking at low cost with functionality and a decent apps experience there really is only one option and that is Android. Apple phones work great but the initial cost and the contract charges are much more than the equivalent android os phones (HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy etc). BB is really aimed more at email and business applications and I'd forget Nokia and it's symbian OS, it really is miles behind.

I've got a Blackberry Bold 9700 and it has been fine for me. Pretty happy with it at the moment. It isn't touch screen but it has a trackpad. The best thing about it is definately the battery life. You can get away without charging it for a week though I guess it depends how much you use it and what you use it for as to how long the battery lasts.

Just get the 3G. Cheaper and probably has the exact same things the iPhone 4 has, except crapper camera or something daft like that.

Just get the 3G. Cheaper and probably has the exact same things the iPhone 4 has, except crapper camera or something daft like that.

I could be wrong, but I've heard the battery life is a bit shitty as well.

I could be wrong, but I've heard the battery life is a bit shitty as well.

The battery life on all phones like the iPhone and BB's are crap due to the amount of applications, music and crap you put on them. Its just one thing youve gotta put up with I guess. :102:

The 3G has been 'retired' by apple and they don't support or upgrade it anymore, the 3GS will be 'retired' in around 12 months if apple continue with their standard product cycles so if you are buying an iPhone now get the 4 unless you want to spend half your contract with no support and no updates.

I have both and its painful when I'm at dinner or at the bar having all the real estate in my pockets. The BB is fab~tastic for e-mail and super reliable and the iphone is as brilliant as anything for text messaging, phone and apps. It also looks like a piece of art. (ip4)
The fun part of the iphone is editing your own ring tones and the 1,000 of apps, the games are just so good at burning time at the airport .. in the end its a personal choice.

Not able to review the others but the iphone to me does pretty much everything I need, I use it far more than my home PC for browsing, games, betting, email etc. It's also superb for keeping the kids busy with videos.

That's not to say other things aren't better for some functions.

I know that there are a lot of anti-apple people but I have had no problems with ipods or iphones that I have owned.

Sidekick has the iPhone 4, absolutely loves it. Better camera, slimmer body and battery life problem has apparently been eliminated. If you think the extra cash is worth a better camera and less frequent charges then go for the 4, otherw*s* 3GS is more than sufficient.

Have a 3GS and see no reason to upgrade, but if I was getting one new I'd probably go for the 4 just for the support and the fact that apps are already being made just for the 4.

The 3G has been 'retired' by apple and they don't support or upgrade it anymore, the 3GS will be 'retired' in around 12 months if apple continue with their standard product cycles so if you are buying an iPhone now get the 4 unless you want to spend half your contract with no support and no updates.

That's not true. I installed an upgrade on a 3G only the other night.

Upgrades are still available but some of the extra functions aren't included. Not sure if that's down to the software's capabilities or just apple trying to move people on.

Upgrades are still available but some of the extra functions aren't included. Not sure if that's down to the software's capabilities or just apple trying to move people on.

They are reduced capability due to the phones inferior hardware that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669