Iphone download. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

From Gradel to Grave

Last night I was prompted to download IOS 6 for my Iphone.

I okayed the download but it seems to have frozen. It's been alternating between black screen with apple on it and blue itunes logo with a cable and arrow pointing towards the icon.

It's been frozen since 10pm last night. Has anyone had the same problem or know what I have to do? I suspect I may have to send it back!

Thanks, in anticipation.

Last night I was prompted to download IOS 6 for my Iphone.

I okayed the download but it seems to have frozen. It's been alternating between black screen with apple on it and blue itunes logo with a cable and arrow pointing towards the icon.

It's been frozen since 10pm last night. Has anyone had the same problem or know what I have to do? I suspect I may have to send it back!

Thanks, in anticipation.

Unplug it, switch it off and leave it for a bit the try again? Or make an appointment and take it to the nearest apple store?

It may just be wanting you to plug it in to your pc/laptop/mac

I've not got one myself so not 100% sure if you can do this but I think SJN's suggestion was a genuine one as opposed to the very boring and repetitive joke. Can you not reconnect to pc/laptop/mac, open iTunes and then restore it or wipe it from there and try again? Sure my old housemate had to do that on his old 3GS when he had a problem updating.

Worth a try anyway rather than having to deal with an Apple Geek!!

I've not got one myself so not 100% sure if you can do this but I think SJN's suggestion was a genuine one as opposed to the very boring and repetitive joke. Can you not reconnect to pc/laptop/mac, open iTunes and then restore it or wipe it from there and try again? Sure my old housemate had to do that on his old 3GS when he had a problem updating.

They aren't geeks, they are geniuses actually.

SJN was nearly spot on after all. :icon_bigg

It started to install the Apple Mobile Device Driver but the install failed so I'm stumped again. Thanks everyone for your help :038: fantastic as ever. I thought I was there for a second.

itunes needs to be the latest version (10.7 I believe) in order to carry out the IOS 6 upgrade. Make sure iTunes is the latest version before starting.

I upgraded mine on Thursday via iTunes connected to my laptop rather than doing it wirelessly. It took me about half an hour.

I took a phone (3GS) to the Apple shop in MK, I had no proof of purchase (it was bought on ebay). They exchanged the phone without question and gave me some of the best customer service I've ever had from a tech shop. The folks on the genius bar really know their stuff.

itunes needs to be the latest version (10.7 I believe) in order to carry out the IOS 6 upgrade. Make sure iTunes is the latest version before starting.

I upgraded mine on Thursday via iTunes connected to my laptop rather than doing it wirelessly. It took me about half an hour.

I downloaded the relevant itunes software and a message came up saying the iphone was in recovery and that it needed to be restored before it could be used by itunes.

Just downloaded the update for my IPhone 4, after it finished my phone crashed and deleted all contacts & messages. Nice.

Looking forward to getting rid when the contract ends next week!

I spent some time talking to apple care and after 2 failed attempts managed to restore. Just need to get my books etc back now.

Thanks everyone - the itunes particularly because I would have had to install that and it saved me half an hour. :038:

I spent some time talking to apple care and after 2 failed attempts managed to restore. Just need to get my books etc back now.

Thanks everyone - the itunes particularly because I would have had to install that and it saved me half an hour. :038:

I'm a bit late, but the same thing happened to me. The only thing I could do was put into DUF mode and restore it that way, as even the normal restore wouldn't work for me. Nightmare! All sorted now though, thankfully I had an old backup - still had to download a load of apps and music again though. Cheers Apple!

Unbelievable. I had everything up and running again and my iPhone won't power up!

I've tried holding the home and on/off buttons simultaneously and this has had no impact whatsoever. :icon_cry:

Unbelievable. I had everything up and running again and my iPhone won't power up!

I've tried holding the home and on/off buttons simultaneously and this has had no impact whatsoever. :icon_cry:

Have you tried turning it off and then... oh no, hang on...

Have you tried turning it off and then... oh no, hang on...

:) Been on the phone to apple care and they have confirmed that it's dead as a dodo. Because there is a superficial crack to the back I have had to make an appointment for the apple store next week.

Surely you mean try leaving the battery out for a while Macky?

You tried plugging it into the mains? Not sure if iPhones do the same but my old iPod classic will only charge through the mains if it has been completely drained. USB sockets run at a lower voltage than the mains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566