Ipod or Creative Zen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe501

I have owned an ipod for nearly 1 year and although I like itunes, I have had many technical problems and the battery life is 6 hours.

Last week the hard drive finally packed in, and I was just inside my warranty so it will be sent back to apple and repaired/replaced free of charge soon.

I am seriously considering selling my new/repaired ipod on ebay and buying a creative zen mp3 player. I have seen a used ipod which is the same as mine (20GB) go for £130ish tonight.

Does anyone know if when apple send you a replacement ipod, it comes packaged like a brand new one from the shops?

Anyway, I have been researching the Zen range and it looks as if the Zen Sleek is a good bet, recordable FM Radio & microphone, 19 hour battery life, 20 GB, colour screen & photos for £175 from amazon. Or the Zen Neeon looks quite cool & cheap but not out in the UK yet.

Does anyone have any reccomendations in the Zen range, and can anyone find a reliable site that will sell the Sleek at a good price? (Amazon has 6 week wait)

Edit (sorry for all the crappy links, webbos fault! ;))

Last edited:
I have heard good and bad about the Zen. Someones failed in front of my eyes when they were telling me how good it was though :icon_lol:

Beware though!! Your iPod is very unlikely to be 'new' and much more likely to be reconditioned. Therefore it wont be packaged as new.

iPod can play AIFF files, and some SDII ones.... I don't believe many of the others can?

I bought a Zen from Dixons ages ago and its lasted okay but I did take out three year warranty on it. Having said that I would do that whatever MP3 player I bought as I take it nearly everywhere =/. I've never been too convinced by the whole ipod thing. With the zen I know you can just take off music froma cd in form of wav files and put them straight onto the zen. I bought a recharger separately as the you charge mine by hooking it up to you computer which seems odd. But the battery life seems to be about 8-8 and a half hours on a full battery.

alex said:
iPod can play AIFF files, and some SDII ones.... I don't believe many of the others can?

No idea what they are :102: :icon_lol:

TornadoShaunUK said:
I bought a Zen from Dixons ages ago and its lasted okay but I did take out three year warranty on it. Having said that I would do that whatever MP3 player I bought as I take it nearly everywhere =/. I've never been too convinced by the whole ipod thing. With the zen I know you can just take off music froma cd in form of wav files and put them straight onto the zen. I bought a recharger separately as the you charge mine by hooking it up to you computer which seems odd. But the battery life seems to be about 8-8 and a half hours on a full battery.

Which zen do you have?
And how do you rate the software? Is there somewhere I can download it from so I can try it out?

joe501 said:
No idea what they are :102: :icon_lol:

Which zen do you have?
And how do you rate the software? Is there somewhere I can download it from so I can try it out?

Zen Micro.. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the software, I never use it for anything other than to transfer my music from my pc to my mp3 player but its easy enough to use it for that.

zen are better IMO, solid stuff

Joe_Fox said:
better and cheaper. :icon_lol:
Hmmmm cos that often happens. Anything other than an iPod is a poor mans iPod. I bet you buy supermarket own brands dont you?....

Duzza said:
Hmmmm cos that often happens. Anything other than an iPod is a poor mans iPod. I bet you buy supermarket own brands dont you?....

listen to mr materialistic :icon_roll :icon_bigg

Duzza said:

Yes, of course I do. You are a slave to the label Duzza, you really are.

Duzza said:

Apple & Microsoft etc up the prices on their products because they know they will still sell.

Duzza said:

Sometimes supermarket own brands are better than brand name stuff.

Often cheap no label stuff is made in the same factories in China as the more expensive sutff, the only difference is the price.

If you want to pay more just to have a label that shows you have more money than sense, that's up to you.

I-Pod!!

I have no basis for my argument, just that I have one and I like it!!:098:

I have the Sony NW-HD1, which I have had no problems with. I have also setup the new Sony one and an Ipod Nano, I have to say out of the three the Ipod was by far and away the easiest to setup and to use.

I've got an i-pod which are so much easier to navigate round and so much simpler and better designed. Definately i-pod for me

webmaster said:
Sometimes supermarket own brands are better than brand name stuff.

Often cheap no label stuff is made in the same factories in China as the more expensive sutff, the only difference is the price.

If you want to pay more just to have a label that shows you have more money than sense, that's up to you.

My money....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670