Ipswich bid for McAuley

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother lives and works in Ipswich and does a bit of business with Ipswich Town and he was told that Ipswich will be back in for McAuley this week

Last edited:
Sell, as like Hume talented but as like all the squad he [McAuley] has played his part in quite possibly the most dissappointing spell in the history of this club. A million quid for a relative unknown who Kelly signed on a free, I would snap their hands off and let Ollie continue his rebuilding, based on his recent signings at least he can be trusted to bring in decent players.

That's ridiculous IMO. He's part of a defence which has little responsibility for our current plight - without our relatively good defensive record, we wouldn't even have had recourse to a paddle!

Last edited:
Are you not going to answer my question then?

I'll assume your answer is no.

So I'll ask why you think it's OK to sell our best strikers to keep the others in the squad happy, but it's not OK to do it with defenders.

Go for a walk Webbo,get some fresh air and some exercise,you are very irritable today.I'm not going to answer your question what you think is right..as always

Last edited:
That's ridiculous IMO. He's part of a defence which has little responsibility for our current plight - without our relatively good defensive record, we wouldn't even have had recourse to a paddle!

Sorry Boc, but IMO the only reason the defensive record has been so good this season was down to the fact that Megson played such a defensive and negative game plan in an attempt to build some stability. If we are serious about moving up the table and being in a position where we can challenge for promotion, then over a 46 game season IMO McAuley and Kisnorbo are not a good enough partnership.

Good defenders are good decision makers and read the game, whilst I agree that a good, solid and reliable keeper gives the defenders confidence, I also believe that the best defenders will take responsibility. The truth is when Hendo is in goal our back line look no better than mediocre.

I refer back to comments made by myself and others, that I would not be sad to see any of the players leave that had any involvement in what was has been a very poor last 3 or 4 seasons.

Personally I think our defence can be improved, it was better when Clarke was at left back and Chambers is a better option at right back than Stearman IMO. As for Kisnorbo and McAuley, I think they're okay for this league and no need to be changing that until we get promoted. The fact that we haven't been absolutely hammered indicates our defence isn't that bad, keeping in mind we've played all but 19 matches (I think) so we've faced every team in the league at least once. :102:

Don't mind too much, would make a good deal to get some money for him IMO. Perhaps IH is hanging on to a) get more pennies for him and/or b) has irons in the fire for someone else. Either way ok by me. Ollie seems to know what he's doing.

Personally I think our defence can be improved, it was better when Clarke was at left back and Chambers is a better option at right back than Stearman IMO. As for Kisnorbo and McAuley, I think they're okay for this league and no need to be changing that until we get promoted. The fact that we haven't been absolutely hammered indicates our defence isn't that bad, keeping in mind we've played all but 19 matches (I think) so we've faced every team in the league at least once. :102:

Agree about Stearman, well both our full backs! Need someone that dont run round like a headless chicken. Think Kisnorbo is an asset to us, but could do with an expierienced player alongside him. Lets hope Ollie don't forget about improving the defence!

Ipswich are apparantly readying a second bid for Mcauley believed to be around 900k after baulking at the 1million asking price for brums Sadler.

If McAuley went what does anybody think about Chambo playing right back & Stearman moving to his original centre back position now he has many first team games behind him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69