Ipswich bid for McAuley

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't doubt it, if we had a replacement centre back i could see mcauley going to finance norris. but ngotty and stearman aren't replacements.

I would hope MM has given IH a budget that is big enough to resist needing to sell McCauley to finance a successful bid for Norris, even with more money needed for a left back on top of that.

Last edited:
Although a very good,he has not been as consistent as he was last year imo,and if the bid was for over a Million,the club would accept i'd say
I hope they dont sell
If the money was to fund the fulop deal,then thats a different story

I think Mcauley is pretty solid and proven now at this level. Unless it was a silly bid i'd like to keep him alongside Kis.
Yes i agree,its been proven early on in the season,they are solid at the back (thanks megson)
The middle has always been our weak link for some time
Such a shame Fulop is not with us,will not make hast judgement on the new boy atm

Perhaps, but that would be just because Plymouth are being twats. In which case he'll come in the summer if needed IMO.

Could be. I think Holloway will not pay over the odds, so went for Oakley instead. With Osbourne coming in (Potentially) we have a stronger centre midfield now. Osbourne back to Villa in the summer and Norris in if he doesn't go to Ipswich now would be my guess.

Could be. I think Holloway will not pay over the odds, so went for Oakley instead. With Osbourne coming in (Potentially) we have a stronger centre midfield now. Osbourne back to Villa in the summer and Norris in if he doesn't go to Ipswich now would be my guess.

All makes good sense. We're wasted here Hammypants.

I cant think of a decent replacement.

I probably wouldn't sell. The rebuilding job is big enough without ripping holes in the defence, which we know is capable of being the best in the league.

I think this is the most important point. We are in a position where we don't need to sell, so just leave it. The defence is the only part of the team which has been any good at any point this season, disrupting it now wouldn't be worth it.

Magiltons words make it sound like we will sell once we have a replacement.

Magilton should keep his bloody gob shut and stop talking about other teams players!!! He did this with Norris as well... he is constantly trying to unsettle players.

sell him!! and stearman aswell, in fact sell em all even the ones we just bought! the team is actually starting to look half decent on paper and thats something im not used too,and i dont like change! :018:

Sell, as like Hume talented but as like all the squad he has played his part in quite possibly the most dissappointing spell in the history of this club. A million quid for a relative unknown who Kelly signed on a free, I would snap their hands off and let Ollie continue his rebuilding, based on his recent signings at least he can be trusted to bring in decent players.

What decent affordable center backs are availiable now? If anyone mentions darren more they will be shot on site.
:068::067::099:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69