Post Match Ipswich (home) 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This situation is similar to the season that Holloway took over. Allen brought in a load of new players, it didn't work and he was ditched leaving those players bereft of confidence and with no attachment to the club. Holloway told everyone he'd get some players in during January that would sort everything out and we all know how successful that was.

The problem is simple. We've got too many players that are lacking confidence and commitment to the cause. This isn't going to be corrected by signing more new players unless we make sure that we limit those signings to players who are very confident where they are now and can bring that impetus into the club. I'd also add that any more than 2-3 additions may tip us the other way in terms of too much change and confuse us into collapse. Hopefully, NP has the wisdom to follow the right path.

The key is to keep a settled team, playing a settled formation and tactics. To do things off the field to build togetherness and confidence and eject any poisonous characters.

As for the game itself yesterday. We were defensively very good with the exception of Bamba who confused the others too often risking disaster. I was pleased to see King dropped and his second half display showed how low on confidence and influence he is at the moment. His replacement (Abe) was excellent. Hopefully, Dyer won't get anywhere near the team again now. He's hopelessly out of his depth. I remain convinced that Beckford can be a great striker for us if his lack of confidence and the venom of the crowd don't destroy him before he can realise this.

I remain convinced that Beckford can be a great striker for us if his lack of confidence and the venom of the crowd don't destroy him before he can realise this.

Weak people feel pressure.

I wonder if Bates would sell Becchio to us. That's what Beckford needs, another striker who can hold the ball up for him and Becchio certainly fitted that particular bill when they played together at Leeds.

Last edited:
I wonder if Bates would sell Becchio to us. That's what Beckford needs, another striker who can hold the ball up for him and Becchio certainly fitted that particular bill when they played together at Leeds.

It wouldn't help him if he once again gets banished to the left wing to wander around dazed and confused

so half the games gone and 31points, "westham/soton form" second half would seal us approx 47 points, would 78 points be enough to battle for a play-off place? hyperthetically

Really disappointed with the way we seem to have sleepwalked through December, waiting for January to arrive with all the nonsense speculation and upheaval that will bring. Looks like a wasted season.

A few weeks ago I was going around stating that Leicester would finish top two, play-offs at worst. There's still a long way to go but I'm getting frustrated with some 'great players' and a 'great manager' in mid-table mediocrity.

Its partly because LCFC is so focussed on marketing itself as being wealthy, quality squad, going places etc that its lost touch with how ordinary it is on the football pitch. Lots of money spent (but not as much as implied by the media); lots of hype and not much substance. Sven used to talk about the club as a "project", I'd rather have a bit more of old fashioned blood and guts like Jock Wallace or commitment to playing pleasing football like Jimmy Bloomfield. Good luck Nigel!

The other red herring with talking about money spent is that of the approx 9m spent, probably about 8.5m went on 3 players. The rest were good deals, particularly Konchelsky, Peltier and Nugent.

A lot of the money has gone on wages as well. Some of our players reputedly on absolutely ridiculous wages that no Championship player should be on.

Last edited:
To change tack completely well done to Nigel Pearson before the game started when he went outside his area over to sign a kiddies autograph book saw that there was a disabled person further along wanting to shake hands with him took time out to do both.

I'm presuming you were some distance from it then because you must have missed Nigel cruelly taunt the child over his lack of pubic hair before doing a jig to demonstrate how great working legs are to the wheelchair owner.

Yet more obviously poor decision making from Pearson.

Shockingly lamentable.

I'm presuming you were some distance from it then because you must have missed Nigel cruelly taunt the child over his lack of pubic hair before doing a jig to demonstrate how great working legs are to the wheelchair owner.

Yet more obviously poor decision making from Pearson.

Shockingly lamentable.

:icon_lol:

A lot of the money has gone on wages as well. Some of our players reputedly on absolutely ridiculous wages that no Championship player should be on.

We don't know the details of wages, but it feels like that they are OTT.

The impact of this is that it reinforces their sense of being quality in this division and potentially will make it harder to move them on.

Plenty of work for NP and the business & finance management to sort out.

Mark Hamill doesn't even know where Wolves is or if they have an exhaust vent to shoot proton torpedoes into.

Only 6 pages of post match comment at a time when most people are on holiday with time on the hands.

Just goes to show, hardly anyone gives a shit anymore........

Admittedly only watched the game on stream but cant believe how many people are slagging Beckford, i thought he played well, certainly better than Nugent, given some decent service from midfield Becks will score plenty ie sort the midfield out NP

I didn't even see the stream but heard the RL commentary and from what they say (and I know a pinch of salt is required) he was the potential match winner for us, if there was one. Seemed to me he had a very good game and was dangerous when put on the flank.

Only 6 pages of post match comment at a time when most people are on holiday with time on the hands.

Just goes to show, hardly anyone gives a shit anymore........

I'm actually still on the first page, not page 6, what does this tell us? Is it even worse than you thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669