Ipswich match

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D well, that was an unexpected point! :lol:

Matt Heath was obviously way too deep mind you perhaps he can show Dublin how to score with a header.

Why does everyone expect anything different from heath. He always makes silly mistakes that leads to them scoreing, all he did tonight was eliminate the need for an opisition player. He aint a bad player but we can not afford his mistakes.

step said:
Why does everyone expect anything different from heath. He always makes silly mistakes that leads to them scoreing, all he did tonight was eliminate the need for an opisition player. He aint a bad player but we can not afford his mistakes.

step were u there? heath had a quality game, stopped many-an-attack, evryone makes mistakes and although i was dissapointed with his own goal overall he had a great game and scored a fantastic goal. its not often u get a centre back scoring a volley from the edge of the box.

If you notice when a forward scores a goal from a header they will usally turn their head very quickly and 'wip lash' (For want of a better word) the ball adding further force and changing the direction the ball is travelling.
This is achieved by a combination of upper body strength and the players neck muscles, which obviously must be very strong.

When dublin first went to villa he scored a lot of goals with his head, he then broke his neck and as any villa fan will tell you he went from a God to a donkey, and rarely scored again. I can understand why he aint so confident about using his neck to thunder a ball in to the back of the net and it is not unreasnable to expect his neck to be weakened after being broke, so dont ever expect him to score goals in the way Deano & les did cos it will never happen.

I agree heath is a good player but last season he was responsable for most of the goals that went against us. He just seams to make so many silly mistakes and I dont think we can afford them.

step said:
I agree heath is a good player but last season he was responsable for most of the goals that went against us. He just seams to make so many silly mistakes and I dont think we can afford them.

Everyone makes mistakes; Keown made a few this evening as well - the point is for that the one own goal he scored, he actually made 3 or 4 top quality challenges or headers in the second half which broke down ipswich attacks - people dont notice the good things he does and lament him for a single mistake

step said:
As I said, I agree but we lost to many matches last season and we cant repeat that

There's 11 players in a team responsible for the teams actions as a whole, not just matt heath

I can't believe the number of people saying we hoofed it all the time tonight. We played more 'football' than we have done all season, and the players showed more passion than they have recently. It's a big improvement on recent matches, and not many teams will dominate Ipswich the way we did for much of the match.

Same story as usual though, giving away stupid goals, then defending too deep when we're under pressure. But at least it was an enjoyable match, unlike some most of the home matches this season.

We played well tonight I thought. I don't think a single player of ours played badly except for Dublin. I thought it was a good, entertaining game.

Just a shame that on my way from the stadium to the station I got attacked by a couple of "Leicester fans" because I was with a couple of Ipswich supporters and was on my way to the train station. :? One thing bothered me...they said "This is what you should expect at away games, especially in Leicester"...we don't have many football thugs at our games usually do we?

step said:
If you notice when a forward scores a goal from a header they will usally turn their head very quickly and 'wip lash' (For want of a better word) the ball adding further force and changing the direction the ball is travelling.
This is achieved by a combination of upper body strength and the players neck muscles, which obviously must be very strong.

When dublin first went to villa he scored a lot of goals with his head, he then broke his neck and as any villa fan will tell you he went from a God to a donkey, and rarely scored again. I can understand why he aint so confident about using his neck to thunder a ball in to the back of the net and it is not unreasnable to expect his neck to be weakened after being broke, so dont ever expect him to score goals in the way Deano & les did cos it will never happen.

do you post on the OS???
cos i'm sure i've just read this on there??

anyways........we should be pleased with the standard of own goals we concede. you always know they will be quality! :D

left the ground disappointed as usual looked good last 20 of the first half
defended our penalty area for the last 20 :roll: on a positive i thought nalis played well as did heath up to the obvious moment.I also thought the tension in the crowd got to the players :roll:

beaumontfox

What is OS.
The remark about Dublin was from a friend who played football many many years ago. so maybe he posted it else where

step said:

That is a load of fecking bollox pal, he's a young defender who is still learning the game, but in general is improving all the time. Last yegar in the Premiership he looked more adept than any other centre half we played.

I hate it when City fans get on the back of the likes of Heath, he's a Leicester kid through and through and wants to be a good player, get behind him (not literally mind) and support him and he'll be a good player IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669