ipswich saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
Was that the same game ?

No, 1-1 at half time in the 6-1 game....
3 key players subbed in the first 20 mins....

MKFox said:
No, 1-1 at half time in the 6-1 game....

i went to that one, bloody awful. that young defender had an absolute nightmare, ashton i think it was.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
you cant remember???? were you high on olbas oil at the time :icon_lol:

I told you about my addiction in all confidence YV and you just have to blab don't you?

MKFox said:

You should know better than to say something like that when there's a pedant like me around :icon_wink

It wasn't the first 20 minutes, it was the first 39, and it wasn't 3 key players, it was two key players (Izzet and Taggart) and Nicky Summebee.

But we also had another two players injured in the first half who had to play for the rest of the match even though they'd have been subbed in normal circumstances, and they didn't really make much of a contribution in the second half. But as those two players were Rogers and Scowcroft it may not have made much difference anyway....

webmaster said:
You should know better than to say something like that when there's a pedant like me around :icon_wink

It wasn't the first 20 minutes, it was the first 39, and it wasn't 3 key players, it was two key players (Izzet and Taggart) and Nicky Summebee.

But we also had another two players injured in the first half who had to play for the rest of the match even though they'd have been subbed in normal circumstances, and they didn't really make much of a contribution in the second half. But as those two players were Rogers and Scowcroft it may not have made much difference anyway....

You know what I mean you old tosser...

And who in the name of feck is Nicky Summebee? :018: :018:

Related links
Team Pages:
Ipswich Town
Player Pages:
Gavin Williams
Jimmy Juan
Ipswich Town have been dealt an injury blow to two of their key midfield players.

January signing Gavin Williams and on-loan Jimmy Juan will both be sidelined for a lengthy period of time.

Former Yeovil Town and West Ham United man Williams is out for up to a month after scans showed bruising in his knee.

Frenchman Juan faces up to three weeks out of Joe Royle's line-up after sustaining a groin problem late last week.

"Gavin has had a scan and it looks like he will be out for three to four weeks," Royle told the club's official website.

"We will be missing Jimmy Juan for two to three weeks as well. He had to stop training on Friday with a sore groin."

i dont know if these 2 are regular 1st teamers, but it has to be good news for us:icon_wink

I remember going to Ipswich when Supa Stevie Claridge had his debut (I think), shorts on backwards and the name on his shirt spelt wrongly. Or was I dreaming?

Ox Fox said:
I remember going to Ipswich when Supa Stevie Claridge had his debut (I think), shorts on backwards and the name on his shirt spelt wrongly. Or was I dreaming?

No Ox you were 'tripping' :icon_wink

Ox Fox said:

Claridge did make his debut at Ipswich in a 4-2 defeat (Ian Marshall got two of their goals), but you may be mixing the shirt name up with another match.
When we played a Sky match in the premiership the following season - at Sheffield Wednesday I think - his shirt had 'Clarridge' on it.

webmaster said:
Claridge did make his debut at Ipswich in a 4-2 defeat (Ian Marshall got two of their goals), but you may be mixing the shirt name up with another match.

That was the one I meant earlier,Sunday afternoon it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669