Ipswich Town - Championship - Saturday 10th February 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got me ticket through, who's off to suffolk then?

Trains

Not a very easy place to get to on the train. Savers are available at £44.20. There is a cheaper option if you can travel in a group of 3 or 4. For 3 it would cost £28.80 each and for 4 it would cost £25.30 each. You would have to buy cheap day returns Leicester-Cambridge and a saver return from Cambridge - Ipswich. There may be other ways of doing it cheaper.

One option is to get an Anglia Plus one day ticket, which gives you unlimited travel in the East Anglia area for £11. More info here: http://www.onerailway.com/templates/Generic.aspx?id=2197

Last year I used one of these tickets in conjunction with a cheap day return from Leicester to Ely. Total cost for this option would be £29.

Going to this match Via London (as we are there anyway) I think. SHould be intresting, last year it was the coldest I have ever been at a football match!

You can get tickets on the door can't you?

One option is to get an Anglia Plus one day ticket, which gives you unlimited travel in the East Anglia area for £11. More info here: http://www.onerailway.com/templates/Generic.aspx?id=2197

Last year I used one of these tickets in conjunction with a cheap day return from Leicester to Ely. Total cost for this option would be £29.

Even cheaper for people who book early enough would be:

MML (Internet only) Advance to St Pancras - £6 each way
205 bus from St Pancras to Liverpool Street - £1 each way with Oyster
One Advance to Ipswich - £6 each way

Total £26 - probably not a lot slower than travelling via Peterborough and certainly more comfortable.

Or take a couple of 55-minute walks between the two London terminals and save yourself another couple of quid!

Last edited:
when i went ipswich and we lost 6-1 i think, it was ****ing boiling, and that concourse was ridiculous, its like someones landing at home.

One thing to take on board, if your planning to have a few beers before the game, make sure you chew plenty of gum, otherwise you may be refarined from going in.

This happened to me a couple of seasons ago. I was eventually let in after complaining to the old bill.

The London Branch will be carousing before the game at The Greyhound, 9 Henley Road, IP1 3SE. It's a cab ride from the station, but the ground is in walking distance from the pub.

after spending loads on cardiff i'm getting the bus to london for this one, connections to ipswich were only about ten quid or so....lost my tickets but am sure they'll turn up. hope its more eventful than last year. tip from me is not to use the town centre for beers pre-match, you may just stop there all day, its that good (not!)

Coaches

Fox Travel coaches will depart from the Walkers Stadium at 9.30am and is priced as follows;

The one transporting MHS is departing half hour earlier because they are having to attach a Trailer to the back to convey his 'Pack-Up' for the journey

How did you find out about that? :eek: :biggrin:

hes a highwayman, he listens to his radio to hear if there will be any large food convoys heading down the motorway, then him and clive jump on their horses and intercept them. watch out mhs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566