Ipswich v City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booooo, outrage, call it off, game never should have started! ;)

Think Sven's tactical change was the right one, no point in trying to play delicate, intricate football in these conditions.

They're using the conditions to their advantage, and we're trying (and failing) to play through it. Not working.

Hopefully it does get called off, because it's ridiculous that you can't see a lot of the lines. Although, it might be easier to see from pitch level? It getting called off is the only way we can get anything today I think, because it doesn't look like our players can handle it.

Very, very tough call for the ref though to abandon the match when it's 3-0...

Google for a Luton Town v Manchester City game in the 70s or late 60s.

The only one I could think of was the Derby v Fulham match in 1983 that was abandoned just before the end, which left us hanging on to see if we'd be promoted.

Earlier - 1960 when Denis Law played for Manchester City against Luton and scored six goals in a cuptie which was abandoned. Luton won the rematch 3-1.

Glad I'm Sky Plussing this nonsense - I'm really going to enjoy this over Xmas .... it is going to be called off, isn't it?

Tosser Beagrie obviously thinks that Chris Powell is on the Ipswich staff.

Earlier - 1960 when Denis Law played for Manchester City against Luton and scored six goals in a cuptie which was abandoned. Luton won the rematch 3-1.

Glad I'm Sky Plussing this nonsense - I'm really going to enjoy this over Xmas .... it is going to be called off, isn't it?

The match I referred to was not replayed and the result stood. So we were promoted.
But with it being the last match of the season I expect there would have been complaints from Leicester if it had been replayed - because Fulham would have known exactly what they'd needed to do in the replayed match.

So the ref has extended the half time to twenty minutes to allow the groundstaff more time! What about the centre of the pitch you thicko. It's coming down as quick as they remove the stuff.

Half-time extended to 20 minutes. I would have thought that the ref could only do that with the agreement of both sides.

Last edited:
Extending half time is a common sense approach to be honest...

They'll do everything they can to clear it, then give it 5-10 mins in the second half to see if they can carry on.

If you can't see the lines, then it shouldn't carry on. As the commentators were saying, what happens if there is an incident on the edge of the area, or if the ball is cleared off the line?

Snowing heavier they said, so hopefully it gets called off

Obviously, we're desperate for it to be called off... but if you look at it objectively, of course they want to try and carry on (especially when one team is winning 3-0).

If the scoreline was reversed, and it got called off now we'd be livid.

Last edited:
So the ref has extended the half time to twenty minutes to allow the groundstaff more time! What about the centre of the pitch you thicko. It's coming down as quick as they remove the stuff.

Clearing only part of the pitch might not be to their advantage.

Matches have been held up by the weather before and been completed successfully, so the ref's right to do whatever possible to allow it to continue.
But I hope the snow gets worse so it gets called off.

I think unless it gets much worse he'll finish it. He clearly didn't have the guts to call it off at HT so can't see why that would change.

Incidentally 'hard man' Roy Keane should be given much stick for wearing a blanket....

Just got up for the 2nd half and cannot believe what i'm seeing.

City fans singing, "Where the ****ing hell's the pitch?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670