Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just needed to get that first goal when we had the chance and control the game. Poor tactics from Keane I thought, starting 3 in midfield against two strong center mids and two out and out wingers - left a lot of space on the wings which we didn't use very well but overall that was a promising performance. I think a point was about right in the end.

We have had four serious matches so far (alright two serious plus the Spanish friendly and Macclesfield) during which we have let in one goal. Yet I have heard little mention of Chris Weale which says a lot for the back four. During the two home matches that I have attended Weale has not been really tested. Do those who have watched Weale in all four games see him as good enough to be the number one choice or should we be looking to bring in another keeper?

We have had four serious matches so far (alright two serious plus the Spanish friendly and Macclesfield) during which we have let in one goal. Yet I have heard little mention of Chris Weale which says a lot for the back four. During the two home matches that I have attended Weale has not been really tested. Do those who have watched Weale in all four games see him as good enough to be the number one choice or should we be looking to bring in another keeper?

Looked okay earlier today, shaky on one cross but Wayne Brown was there to tidy it up. A couple of smart saves earlier but all fairly routine and well held, nothing amazing.

I thought we had a brilliant game defensively. Hobbs looks very, very good in my opinion.

Neilson very shaky though, didn't like the look of that at all.

I thought we had a brilliant game defensively. Hobbs looks very, very good in my opinion.

Neilson very shaky though, didn't like the look of that at all.

He didn't link up very well with N'Guessan and I think if he had then he would have perhaps given us some better attacking options.

I can't believe we dropped out of the playoffs... luckily there are still enough games to mathematically get back in.

:023:

It's a good start. After those miserable years isn't it great to have a competent manager and team out there in the blue shirts? Shame I can't afford to go and see the buggers at the minute.

Decent point that - would have easily taken it prior to the game....Looks like Keano has some work to do. On to another bad place for Foxes over recent years now...Same again or better lads please.

The thing is, with the solid defending, does Tunchev wait?

The thing is, with the solid defending, does Tunchev wait?

He has too, one goal conceded in the last three games (or seven if you include pre-season friendlies) is pretty decent - wouldn't be fair to drop Hobbs or Brown at the minute until one of them plays badly. What a substitute to have on the bench though!

I would not drop Brown or Hobbs at the moment.

Brown also showed yesterday that he can work up front as well as clearing up at the back.

If only his early shot on goal had gone in. Would have completely changed the game.

It is to Leicester's credit that they have defended so well without Tunchev. Brown is a good honest blood and guts centreback. I repect him but there are any number of them in the Championship including Hobbs. Tunchev on the other hand is pure class and he is the Leicester player I most enjoy watching. IMO Tunchev is the one Leicester player I am certain would do well in the Premiership. He does not just win the ball but he distributes it brilliantly. Come back Tunch.

To accomodate could we change formation and play 3-5-2

Brown Hobbs and Tunch at the back, a definsive wingback in Berner and an attacking one in Dyer, Oakley, Wellens and N'Guessen in midfield with Fryatt/Howard/Waghorn fighting for the 2 spots up front.

Morrison, Powell and Neilson to provide back up for the Defenders, King and Gradel to provide back up for midfield with Berner also being made availablle to move into midfield and bringin Luke O'Neill in at Left wing back if needed.

Definatley not ideal to change formation especially one that got us promoted but that team to me looks better balanced

To accomodate could we change formation and play 3-5-2

Brown Hobbs and Tunch at the back, a definsive wingback in Berner and an attacking one in Dyer, Oakley, Wellens and N'Guessen in midfield with Fryatt/Howard/Waghorn fighting for the 2 spots up front.

Morrison, Powell and Neilson to provide back up for the Defenders, King and Gradel to provide back up for midfield with Berner also being made availablle to move into midfield and bringin Luke O'Neill in at Left wing back if needed.

Definatley not ideal to change formation especially one that got us promoted but that team to me looks better balanced

How is it better balanced team with either Dyer or Berner playing on the right. A winger/striker (N'Guessen) in midfield?

If your going to play 5-3-2/3-5-2 then surely
Hobbs/Tunch/Brown
N'Guessen(or Neilson) Oakley, King, Wellens, Dyer
Fryatt/Howard

But i'd stick to 4-4-2 and wait untiol Tunch is fully fit before he replaces Brown.

How is it better balanced team with either Dyer or Berner playing on the right. A winger/striker (N'Guessen) in midfield?

If your going to play 5-3-2/3-5-2 then surely
Hobbs/Tunch/Brown
N'Guessen(or Neilson) Oakley, King, Wellens, Dyer
Fryatt/Howard

But i'd stick to 4-4-2 and wait untiol Tunch is fully fit before he replaces Brown.

Dyer can play either wing for me. N'Guessen looks to me like he could play just behind the front 2. But i can see your point. Ignore me, my mum and dad do :icon_cry:

Tunchev to return when ready Brown excellent back-up

If Brown/Hobbs continue as they are doing, it will give Tunchev more time to get fit.
As and when he is ready for the first team, Tunchev should start from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669