Is it me or....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch4mbo

Is it me or have we struck gold with the owners. I've just read Top's interview and when you consider some other owners and what they've done to their clubs, I'm obviously thinking mainly about Cardiff & Birmingham. But when you read Top saying being a Premier League team is reward enough for him and his father it all seems too good to be true. Somebody pinch me :)

I always had an inkling they would be OK for us ( better than Mad Mandy, that's for sure ). Even in the early days we would from time to time see them catching the London train to some godforsaken outpost up North to see the team play.I think it helped that Daddy Top wasn't new to the UK ( if memory serves, he had run a polo team over here for a few years prior to becoming involved with LCFC ).

Last edited:
I'm sitting next to him on Saturday, I will pass your positive comments on.

We really should have a song for the owners, now what rhymes with Srivaddhanaprabha.

The owners have been excellent. Most decisions they've made have been sound and for the benefit of the club. When they've made a mistake, they've taken the hit financially.

I've partly been expecting something to go dreadfully wrong with the ownership, given their shady Thai connections, but we really do appear to have struck lucky.

They are making good business decisions (or being well advised). By changing debt for equity, they have removed the interest from the p and l and reduced the annual loss. This then reduces or even negates the bill liable under FFP.

Without promotion to the premier league, there is no chance of them recovering any of this equity via dividend payments out of profits. now we are there, a prudently run club which manages to retain its premier league status can begin to eat into that 103 million investment.

Put a huge smile on my face reading that.

Me too, an excellent read that truly highlights the respect and support we should be showing these guys.

Any scepticism I previously had has been bludgeoned by their excellent running of the club.

It's nice to read that Telegraph article although I have to point something out. Top mentions that everyone who goes to Thailand has to travel through the airport. I didn't. I arrived by boat to Koh Lipe from Malaysian island, Langkawi.

Put a huge smile on my face reading that.

I never knew about the monks.

Hopefully they don't replace Nige with Garry Monk at any stage.

Really good to see top and vichai involved in all of the celebrations. Had an exchange with a nob on twitter after the trophy presentation on sat as he had tweeted that our chairman had no right to be there and must be another vincent tan. i tried to put him right but after another four tweets where he continued to state he wasnt interested in leicester but made the same point i blocked him. Anyway, it seems clear that the players are more than happy for them to be part of the euphoria and thats all positive for next season.

I almost began with a sentence about "The Thais" but I think Vichai and Top have earned the right to be referred to by name.

Allem Assam and Vincent Tan is are obvious examples of unpopular owners. But are there any examples in the Premier League of owners that are regarded with the genuine affection fans feel for Top and Vichai.

I must gracefully admit they have stunned me. I was very sceptical about it and still partly am but who knows maybe they have a genuine interest and they have the 'bug'. The line about Bale and money was very reassuring in some ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566