Is it really that bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Increasing the capacity is not mentioned in any of the information coming from either club

Says we will "develop" the stadium, and that could be anything

:oops: Sorry I thinkk there is a touch of the ostrich here. Fans have been moaning for yonks that there is no one in Leicester who will back city with financial clout.
This could be a move to strenghten Citys position. Something that is seriously necessary.
Try a bit of lateral thinking please.

homer said:
Increasing the capacity is not mentioned in any of the information coming from either club

Says we will "develop" the stadium, and that could be anything

To realise the "aim" of staging internationals I think the capacity will have to be raised to over 40,000... I gather the East Side of the stadium is built in such a way that it can "easily" be made into a double deck.

I think a lot of views being posted are very blinkered and I'm sure the eggchasing fans are thinking the same way. When the dust has settled and we all take a step back and look at the whole picture we wil see that we will be better off alround.
I had a concern over the state of the pitch, I'm sure the groundstaff did as well. However with the money that will be found for the turf all will be fine. 8)
On another post someone said they'd rather share with the trees. Don't talk out of your arris. What sort of city fan could even think of it let alone suggest it. As for not going to watch the eggchasers, nobody said you had too! :roll:

The board are trying to do something that will help the club to be more successfull and so far the main objection seams to be "Green seats"
Amazing,

I do not understand the objection to sharing the ground. It has to be better for city.

As the ground will be purchased between both clubs, It will give us better long term security.
All the fixed costs ie: Repayments, rates and ground maintenance will be shared so there will be more money for both clubs to spend on players.
We wont have to suffer the parking problems that happen when both clubs play at the same time.

The only problems that I can think of is the damage that is done to the pitch, the scheduling of matches and to convince the fans from two different sporting cultures that the ground sharing can be to everyones advantage.

The pitch is going to be modified so it can withstand the grief rugby gives it.

The scheduling of the matches is not a problem.

The hardest problem will be dealing with the fans from both clubs and if the clubs are to win the support of ther fans they must communicate the plans clearly to the fans.

People always react in the same way to change. Firstly they object to it happening, then they find the reasons why they object. The problem is never the change itself, its the fear of the unknown that causes all the problems and the objections. Once we understand how they propose the ground sharing to work and the pro's and cons, then deciede if it is good or bad.

I can see the future headlines "LCFC in administration again because fans dont like green seats"

God. help us

step said:
I can see the future headlines "LCFC in administration again because fans dont like green seats"

God. help us

If the club goes into administration again it will be through mis-management as it was the first time, i think you might be suffering from a touch of Andersonitis :?

Like most city fans, I dont like Anderson. but I can see the fans getting uptight about this, when there is no reason.

Other than Green seats is there another good reason why they should not share the ground? At this stage, I cant see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669