Is Savage a city Legend?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not a hope in hell, he's just a Loser

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the amount of criticism Guppy gets! He did a great job for us. He set up loads of goals and scored some crackers too! He didn't need to beat a man to put crosses in - His crossing was excellent, he only needed half a yard.

Is Savage a City Legend

Legend? More like Bellend.
When he first came to City he'd run with the ball to the half way line then stop, didn't know what to do with it next.
Then he had a couple of decent seasons (Granted, M oN cocked up in the cup against Spurs by taking Savage off).
His last season, the very first game he showed his intentions. Boltons first goal was his fault, chased back, but then let the bloke cross the ball.
Goes to Brum, starts singing their praises above City. Believes the hype that the toffemen want him and says Everton are the only club he'll leave Brum for.
Since his departure he's shown his true colours, overated, overpaid, lucky barsteward.
Savage a City legend, don't make me laugh!!
"waits for abuse, (it's my opinion chaps)"

Obviously you're entitled to that opinion. I just feel what he did for us during the MON was significant. I've never seen a player like him in terms of commitment, passion and determination (except for Dickov), and he did this week in, week out for us. His departure to brum has left a bit of a nasty taste some people's mouths, but IMO he did a great job for us. He was a vital cog in that midfield alongside Muzzy and Lennon.

Having read what Savage is supposed to have said in the Mirror link "Yellow Hair, Yellow Ferrari, Yellow Teeth!" all I can say to Savage is feck off. The thought that we might copy Birmingham at anything just makes want to be sick.

"The biggest compliment I can pay Leicester is that they are doing what we did at Birmingham last season," Savage added.

Feck off. :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

He was a cheat and ran 50 yeards to the ref after elliott knocked there guy over, had a word with the ref and the next thing he pulls out a red card.

To be fair, he used to get men sent off for us all the time. It's just the fact he's still like that with Brum against US which makes it 10 times worse. :x

Yeah, we the opposition feeling like thios every week about savage, they all hate him and if he aint in your team you boo him, but at the end of the day not many teams would turn him down.

BlueMistress said:
Yeah, we the opposition feeling like thios every week about savage, they all hate him and if he aint in your team you boo him, but at the end of the day not many teams would turn him down.

Totally agree with you. I would take him back at the first opportunity if he was available. You need someone like him in your team to pressurise the opposition, and force them in to mistakes.

How did Callum play today?

he was average, nothing special but not bad.

Callum was good again, along with Muzzy, probably the only players to put in a decent performance. I dont think Thatcher was even 80% fit today, he was alright though.

I told you... Savage is, was and will always be a boil on the backside of life... Have him back... Fcuk off... I'd sooner have Conrad Logan playing in midfield... Let's hope my fellow LCFC fans have now seen the light...

I thought I had better bring this topic back to life again because when Dickov left (for good reasons), you all called him a 'twat' or a 'dickhead' and how he is not a legend, even though if it wasn't for him, we would still be in division one after getting relegated a couple of seasons ago. Savage jumped ships as soon as we got relegated and was not commited to playing in division one at all, and on this thread, a lot of posters are claiming that he is a legend!!

Here is one example. Scowy (the poster) has been criticising Dickov leaving on another thread by saying "Dickov is certainly not a legend. As far as I'm concerned, he can **** off." So he obviously doesn't think Dickov is a legend and basically thinks he's a knob. On the other hand, he says this about Scowcroft, "Savage was my favourite player by far when he was with us. Everyone recognises that he didn't have the talent, but the fact he was the most committed week in, week out made him a legend in my eyes.I agree with everything Speno, I hope he returns one day.", and totally bums him even though he jumped ship as soon as we went down. Im sorry for using you as an example Scowcroft, there are lots of other posters like you who have said that Dickov is a twat and Savage is a legend. Im just using you to make my point.

What I want to know is - why does everyone think Savage is a legend and Dickov is a twat?

City Fan said:
I thought I had better bring this topic back to life again because when Dickov left (for good reasons), you all called him a 'twat' or a 'dickhead' and how he is not a legend, even though if it wasn't for him, we would still be in division one after getting relegated a couple of seasons ago. Savage jumped ships as soon as we got relegated and was not commited to playing in division one at all, and on this thread, a lot of posters are claiming that he is a legend!!

Here is one example. Scowy (the poster) has been criticising Dickov leaving on another thread by saying "Dickov is certainly not a legend. As far as I'm concerned, he can **** off." So he obviously doesn't think Dickov is a legend and basically thinks he's a knob. On the other hand, he says this about Scowcroft, "Savage was my favourite player by far when he was with us. Everyone recognises that he didn't have the talent, but the fact he was the most committed week in, week out made him a legend in my eyes.I agree with everything Speno, I hope he returns one day.", and totally bums him even though he jumped ship as soon as we went down. Im sorry for using you as an example Scowcroft, there are lots of other posters like you who have said that Dickov is a twat and Savage is a legend. Im just using you to make my point.

What I want to know is - why does everyone think Savage is a legend and Dickov is a twat?

Got to be honest. I have not critised Dickov yet. I was just disappointed he thought the grass is greener. Under Souness I am sure his move will back fire. If Souey can fall out with the likes of placid cole & yorke what is Souey going to do if he has a spat with our ex-hero!!!

Southern Fox said:
Got to be honest. I have not critised Dickov yet. I was just disappointed he thought the grass is greener. Under Souness I am sure his move will back fire. If Souey can fall out with the likes of placid cole & yorke what is Souey going to do if he has a spat with our ex-hero!!!

I think Dickov is a true hero and I made a post on a thread a while ago about all he has done for the club. Savage on the otherhand, left as soon as we were relegated for reasons that aren't as good as Dickovs. I just want to know why some people think that Sav is a legend and Dickov is a dick?

City Fan said:

For a start City Fan, Savage was with us for a longer period of time. Secondly, people have different opinions about different players. As I said, Savage was my favourite player at the time because he was someone who gave 100% in every game, as did Dickov. The difference occurs whereby at least Savage said he wanted to go, whereas Dickov says in front of 30k fans that he's staying, and then let's us all down.

What I will admit is that calling Savage a legend was wrong, he is not a legend, I used to use that term far too loosely.

Dickov and Savage are both not legends.

Joe_Fox said:
Fox Fan said:
What do you mean Guppy wasn'nt a skillful player?? He set up like 50% of our goals. His crosses were great, and that goal he once scored on his right foot.... well

..it was a beauty - against Spurs. The amount of curl on that shot was amazing!~

Spurs? or Chelski? I remember watching that game, we were 2-0 down and we drew the match.

he was good for us but people use the word legend to lightly these days :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265