Is Seagrave partly to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why Seagrave has removed a great deal of personality and togetherness from the club ethos.

It's clinical, massive, perfect. Everything the old place wasn't.
This is definitely a factor.
You don't develop a siege mentality if every day you're eating caviar and you can't see the trebuchets.

I mean, just look at Denethor...

BR often talks about players thinking they've "made it" I wonder whether the training ground is a factor in that.
I see his point when he says this, but it’s hard to take from the most arrogant man in football. It’s okay to be arrogant or think you’ve made it if you have the CV to back it up, Brendan. Glass houses and all that.

I see his point when he says this, but it’s hard to take from the most arrogant man in football. It’s okay to be arrogant or think you’ve made it if you have the CV to back it up, Brendan. Glass houses and all that.

I'm now inclined to be more critical of BR but he's far from the most arrogant man in football. There are several of his peers in the PL that are worse.

I do think some arrogance is necessary. Being a football manager is a tough job. You're constantly being challenged and questioned by everyone. If you don't have some forceful belief in yourself, you'll soon drown.

It's all about how and when you are arrogant. You need to be surrounded by people that support you but also challenge you. Your players need to believe that you know what you're doing but also see you taking personal responsibility for errors.

I'm now inclined to be more critical of BR but he's far from the most arrogant man in football. There are several of his peers in the PL that are worse.

I do think some arrogance is necessary. Being a football manager is a tough job. You're constantly being challenged and questioned by everyone. If you don't have some forceful belief in yourself, you'll soon drown.

It's all about how and when you are arrogant. You need to be surrounded by people that support you but also challenge you. Your players need to believe that you know what you're doing but also see you taking personal responsibility for errors.
Few posters speaking in absolutes these days.

He’s a bit pompous, but let’s be real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469