Is the Walkers Killing City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffa Bacon

It is well documented that City are in the brown stuff financially and have been ever since the Walkers stadium was built, it was the original reason for our drop into administration and we now have no money for players because we are spending so much on the payments to use the Walkers. The attendances are dropping due to poor performances and the feeling that there is no atmosphere at the Walkers further reducing Citys earning power.

Without promotion to the premiership the board is telling us we will never have any money or be able to buy the Walkers, we could even go bankrupt due to the costs of leasing the stadium.

With this in mind the board has to either go to the stadiums owners and renegotiate the terms (if City goes under they get nothing and have a stadium that no-one wants) or think about other strategies to get this burden off our backs (playing somewhere else etc).

Welcome Biffa

This is a point I raised to another member of this forum on the blower last night. But not in the way you explain.

I wonder wether the arrogance of our players when teams like Burnley come to our ground affects their brains.

They seem to have the attitude that they are at a big club, playing in a nice stadium and that it is up the opposition to come and prove they are not minnows.

At Filbo, we had something to prove, away fans came and took the piss out of our ground and we had to prove that we were bigger and better than the ground actually represented.

I don't for one minute think that this is the reason for our demise, merely could be a contributing factor

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome.

I take your point, bit like the Luton fans singing you're not famous anymore at us on Saturday.

Biffa Bacon said:
Thanks for the welcome.

I take your point, bit like the Luton fans singing you're not famous anymore at us on Saturday.

They are probably right.. they were also singing "Leicesters going down, Leicesters going down".. they are also probably right..

When in doubt, listen to the Luton fans.. they make plenty of sense.

Biffa Bacon said:
Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome. :039: :039: :039: :039:

Yes and No, it's not just the repayments that are killing the club, but the players must take some of the resonsibility as well. To attrack good size crowds to the Walkers the team must be playing attractive football.

Bowman said:
Yes and No, it's not just the repayments that are killing the club, but the players must take some of the resonsibility as well. To attrack good size crowds to the Walkers the team must be playing attractive football.

I don't even care about that, we could be hacking down peoples legs for all I care, all I want to see is us walking away with three points after a match, particularly the likes of Burnley @home :angry:

Last edited:
Biffa Bacon said:
It is well documented that City are in the brown stuff financially and have been ever since the Walkers stadium was built, it was the original reason for our drop into administration and we now have no money for players because we are spending so much on the payments to use the Walkers. The attendances are dropping due to poor performances and the feeling that there is no atmosphere at the Walkers further reducing Citys earning power.

Without promotion to the premiership the board is telling us we will never have any money or be able to buy the Walkers, we could even go bankrupt due to the costs of leasing the stadium.

With this in mind the board has to either go to the stadiums owners and renegotiate the terms (if City goes under they get nothing and have a stadium that no-one wants) or think about other strategies to get this burden off our backs (playing somewhere else etc).

The terms have been renegotiated and I am sure that one of those terms will say that we must play at the Walkers for at least a number of years. The ground would never have been built if the backers cold not be sure of that. So you can forget about playing somewhere else.

I wouldn't lay much of the blame for our fall into administration on the building of the ground either. The whole adminstration of the financial side was lax - the money pissed away And now we're left with a new constitution which seems to want to ensure nothing other than that we forever remain a small-town club with limited ambitions.

The management and playing staff aren't really very good. I think we are trying to mask this by blaming the finances

Melton Fox said:
The management and playing staff aren't really very good. I think we are trying to mask this by blaming the finances

:thumbs_up

Not that the finances are that great either...

Melton Fox said:

To be clear, you do mean the management of the club in general - and not simply the team?

bocadillo said:
The terms have been renegotiated and I am sure that one of those terms will say that we must play at the Walkers for at least a number of years. The ground would never have been built if the backers cold not be sure of that. So you can forget about playing somewhere else.

I wouldn't lay much of the blame for our fall into administration on the building of the ground either. The whole adminstration of the financial side was lax - the money pissed away And now we're left with a new constitution which seems to want to ensure nothing other than that we forever remain a small-town club with limited ambitions.

I know that the terms have been renegotiated once but if there is a realisitic chance of City going under there must be an opportunity to look at this again, any sensible creditor will renegotiate terms if it begins to look like they will get nothing if they don't, as there is no-one else even remotely likely to pay what City does the terms could be looked at again.

The City council could be approached as well because having an empty derelict stadium in the City limits would do them no good, however Leicester City Council couldn't give a T0ss about the sport in the City, unlike most other Midland cities.

Without a new regime and new financial situation we will continue to sagnate or worse.

Biffa Bacon said:
I know that the terms have been renegotiated once but if there is a realisitic chance of City going under there must be an opportunity to look at this again, any sensible creditor will renegotiate terms if it begins to look like they will get nothing if they don't, as there is no-one else even remotely likely to pay what City does the terms could be looked at again.

The City council could be approached as well because having an empty derelict stadium in the City limits would do them no good, however Leicester City Council couldn't give a T0ss about the sport in the City, unlike most other Midland cities.

Without a new regime and new financial situation we will continue to sagnate or worse.

I agree with every word of that and I didn't want anybody to believe that I meant that because the deal had been re-negotiated once it couldn't be re-negotiated again. On the contrary, I was trying to say that as the contract had been re-nogiated once (on account of administration and relegation), we could certainly expect it to be reviewed again is the need arose, particularly if there was a further relegation.

My main point in that paragraph was that we won't be moving.

Do not under estimate the following Leicester have, we averaged around 20k last season and that was a team that spent the majority of the season in and around the relegation dogfight, these are crowds that many championship and some prem teams only dream of.

We have a decent infrastructure and a very good fan base and worst of all some recent history of success, regardless of our own views IMO we are still quite a big fish in the championship and teams will raise their game against us, we do seem to be stuck in the Nottingham Forest / Manchester City downward spiral.

But with a wage budget that is still in the top 12 in the division there really is no reason for us to continually make excuses and harp on about our finances, we are still capable of matching most teams in this division except for the parachute payments.

bocadillo said:
The whole adminstration of the financial side was lax - the money pissed away And now we're left with a new constitution which seems to want to ensure nothing other than that we forever remain a small-town club with limited ambitions.

Totally agree! Money was pissed away by P**** T***** in no time on transfer fees, players put on overpaid contracts, Mickey Adams' desire to get old players with no desire to play on pensionable salaries, the list is endless.....

bocadillo said:
To be clear, you do mean the management of the club in general - and not simply the team?
I exclude nobody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670