Is there a better band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DurhamFox said:
Feeder better than the Beatles? I have heard it all now!!:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Music is all about opinion. I am not saying The Beatles are crap i do quite like them, but in my opinion Feeders music is better.
I own all six albums of their released here and they do have such a variety of songs although they only release the slower sought now.
There is just something about their Music which connects with me

Back on the subject. Didnt Oasis claim to be bigger than the beatles? I assume they mean in height?

pds said:
Music is all about opinion. I am not saying The Beatles are crap i do quite like them, but in my opinion Feeders music is better.
I own all six albums of their released here and they do have such a variety of songs although they only release the slower sought now.
There is just something about their Music which connects with me

In a similar way Im a big fan of Alakline Trio. I dont know why but I can just listen to their albums for hours on end on repeat but I dont believe they are the best band ever, not by a long chalk. I think sometimes The Beatles phonomenom (spelt wrong I know) can be bigger than the music/band itself.

They still were very very good. The Who havent been mentioned yet.

webmaster said:
I removed the character limit over a week ago.

Just double checked to make sure it really was switched off, and it wasn't. I blame that SQL thing Steven was talking about earlier. Anyway the limit has gone now.

In answer to the original question...

No I don't think there has ever been a better band than the Beatles. Not necessarily because of their music and songwriting, but because of all the things they did that had never been done before.
Bands didn't write their own songs before the Beatles did it. And the way they experimented with stuff in the studio (long before synths, computers, samplers etc) paved the way for a lot of the electronic music that came much later.

My favourite Beatles song is tomorrow never knows. It still sounds fresh and different nearly 40 years after it was made.

admin said:
Just double checked to make sure it really was switched off, and it wasn't. I blame that SQL thing Steven was talking about earlier. Anyway the limit has gone now.

:038: (NO IT HASNT)

I think The Clash are superb. Very varied and all good.

The Beatles will always go down as the best band though but they were in essence a boy band with screaming girl fans.

Can't stand Feeder - they are a durge.

Joe_Fox said:
I think The Clash are superb. Very varied and all good.

The Beatles will always go down as the best band though but they were in essence a boy band with screaming girl fans.

Can't stand Feeder - they are a durge.

Good call The Clash are ace. :038:

highland fox said:
Sorry DF but I can't stand them,just don't like the music.I'm probably in a minority of 1 though,although if I remember rightly MK doesn't like them either.
Memory of an elephant!

I'd prefer to listen to Aqua than the Beatles. I've never seen any attraction in their music.
Worse still it was 40 years ago!
If i'd been in Liverpool at the time, maybe something may have clicked, but I doubt it.
To be honest I think alot of people say they like them because they're supposed to...

MKFox said:
Memory of an elephant!

I'd prefer to listen to Aqua than the Beatles. I've never seen any attraction in their music.
Worse still it was 40 years ago!
If i'd been in Liverpool at the time, maybe something may have clicked, but I doubt it.
To be honest I think alot of people say they like them because they're supposed to...

amen to that bar the aqua bit.

i feel the beatles music just belongs in the 60's. thats what i was getting at about the rolling stones, their music seems to stand the test of time more than the bouncy hippy beatles tunes.

MKFox said:
Memory of an elephant!

Not the only thing about my body which is equal to that of an Elephant.............I've got big ears as well.

Come on MK lets go Party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670