Is there a better band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
only works for me if i edit it which is a bit long winded must be a better way :102:

'message is too short your message must be at least 1 character long' it only works with 5 characters :102:

The Beatles were shit, as proof I give you ten examples from the 60s that were better:

1. MC5
2. The Stooges
3. The Who
4. The Velvet Underground
5. The Rolling Stones
6. Miles Davis
7. 13th Floor Evelators
8. Bob Dylan
9. Phil Spector
10. The Beach Boys

Ox Fox said:
The Beatles were shit, as proof I give you ten examples from the 60s that were better:

1. MC5
2. The Stooges
3. The Who
5. The Rolling Stones
6. Miles Davis
7. 13th Floor Evelators
8. Bob Dylan
9. Phil Spector
10. The Beach Boys
surely these aren't in order of preference??

and i think you (bar his mum) are the only person who would say that Miles Davis is better than the beatles!!

Ox Fox said:

1. MC5
2. The Stooges
3. The Who
5. The Rolling Stones
6. Miles Davis
7. 13th Floor Evelators
8. Bob Dylan
9. Phil Spector
10. The Beach Boys

Most of those in that list are fairly one dimensional, none of them had the varied output, the invention or the influence of the Beatles.

Before the Beatles there was no decent music in the UK. The closest we had to popular music as we now know it was Cliff Richard. The Beatles changed things completely.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
'message is too short your message must be at least 1 character long' it only works with 5 characters :102:

Maybe it's a javascript thing. Try pressing ctrl-F5 before your next reply and see if that helps.

:icon_lol: ok then clever arse if i just want to put a smilie it wont do it :icon_lol:

My glorious Beatles thread has descended in to a support thread - beastly.

I started a proper support thread on this and it was ignored :102:

DurhamFox said:
My glorious Beatles thread has descended in to a support thread - beastly.

I started a proper support thread on this and it was ignored :102:

I know Durham terrible isn't it ? I blame Steven.

I think that its like saying Beethoven was crap. You might not be a big fan but musically you can't say they were crap because they (along with the Beach Boys) pushed the boundaries of what could be achieved through pop/rock music further than before and probably no band has made such varied and innovative music over a 10 year period before or since.

You've got to remember that although the songs sound 60's now at the time they were completely different to anything around, which you can't say the same about the Stones who just rejigged a few RnB and Blues chords and did it middle class white boy style.

musically songs from the majority of Revolver/Sgt Pepper and The White album are extremely varied, taking in country, folk, rock, pop, blues, RnB and even dance, Tommorow Never knows being about 30 years ahead of its time.

Some of it was drug addled musical doodlings but 90-95% of it is fecking amazing musically.

admin said:
Most of those in that list are fairly one dimensional, none of them had the varied output, the invention or the influence of the Beatles.

Before the Beatles there was no decent music in the UK. The closest we had to popular music as we now know it was Cliff Richard. The Beatles changed things completely.

The Beatles heard Elvis and were lucky enough to be the first home grown band to rip off American rock and roll with any success in the UK, before that they were a skiffle band! As for inventiveness you'll be telling me they invented psychedelia with Sgt. Pepper next!

Ox Fox said:
The Beatles heard Elvis and were lucky enough to be the first home grown band to rip off American rock and roll with any success in the UK, before that they were a skiffle band! As for inventiveness you'll be telling me they invented psychedelia with Sgt. Pepper next!

Next you'll be telling me MC5 invented modern rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669