Is This The Worst Leicester Team Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in Leicester 1965-1974 and have followed them ever since. Whats worse is i work in Hillsborough so will get the piss taken on Monday

I do not belive that the squad is the worst, but the management and coaching of the has to be very poor. And Mandaric has to take responsibility for that because he appoints the Managers and is responsible for the performance of Managers.
IMO the appointment of MA was always wrong and, GM would not have got us relegated, and IH in the same class as MA, hopeless. The writing has been on the wall for months regarding performances and IH should have been removed long ago. Stability means nothing if you have poor Management. The Sheffield Wednesday result is regretfully no surprise, as our results have been like taking a lotto ticket. However how SW, a team on its knees with only 15 fit 1st team to chose from can beat a team with the depth of squad like Leicester is beyond me.

The best reason that I can come up with is that Mandaric rules by 'dictatorship' and that IH does not have the strength of character to deal effectively with that, consequently he is too 'scared' to be himself and is essentially ineffective as Manager. The team would have recognised that very early on and most likely lost respect for IH months ago. Unless Mandaric sells up and a more traditional Board is set up with less day to day control of the team management, this scenario will continue, whoever is appointed as Manager, because any Manager who really stands up to Mandaric wil be sacked. I hope that I am wrong but I doubt it.

Last edited:
If we get relegated then yes it is, and Holloway is the worst manager in our history. FACT

Even if we stay up I suspect both of those may still hold true

I think it's the worst team ever. Not the worst players, just the worst team.

If we take account of issues of under-achievement then I am pretty certain that this is the worst Leicester team ever. We have had bad teams and bad managers - Peter Taylor being the most disastrous. However, Holloway stands out as the biggest bag of wind that we have ever had the misfortune to manage the club.

This is the team I have least liked to watch. This team has ripped everything out of me, my passion, my belief and all my hopes.

Holloway will be gone just after next week.

The squad that Rob Kelly had at the start of last season was far worse than this. This isnt a bad squad on paper which is even more frustrating.

Spot on. Kelly's squad was threadbare. He was a decent guy - not up to the job but sounded honest as the day.

This lot have truly amazed me. How a team with so many players that on paper look as though they should be competing at play off level can turn in such wretched results and look so totally disjointed as a team is beyond my understanding.

I still can't believe that we were in a better position with a midfield of Hughes, Jarrett, Johnson etc compared to now with Oakley, Clemence and Hendrie.

We remind me of England at the minute, good individual players with quite a good pedigree, shove them in a team and they are inept cnuts with no passion, pride, or determination.

If we drop down I think it will be undeniable.

I don't think that needs to happen for them to be tagged as the worst team. They are already the worst Leicester City team in the history of this club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670