Is This What You Expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmiggy

What did you expect of us this season.Do you feel what we have achieved is good enough.

Last edited:
Having that Rob Kelly bloke as manager this is exactly what I expected. Middle table rubbish, lucky to avoid relegation. It's because RK is useless.

Now if we had someone else.....don't matter who, (lets face it, loads of top managers are queing at the door) we could have bought in a shed load of world class players, got rid of the dross, and been 23 points clear at the top. Every decision that Kelly bloke makes costs us points, no other manager would ever ever do that. :icon_conf

Anyway, yep. Middle third of table is what I was expecting. Nothing exciting league position wise.

when you have a midfield as pathetic as our's we have got what we deserved this season

smashing lads working hard in training after watching the video

We are just around the corner. As expected.

I expected that we would have made significant progress from a year ago when we were putting in great performances and winning tough games.

We are no further forward a year on. That is the manager's fault in my eyes.

MM get rid and get Keegan in. Lets put the fun back into our football - and get promoted!

I expected that we would have made significant progress from a year ago when we were putting in great performances and winning tough games.

We are no further forward a year on. That is the manager's fault in my eyes.

MM get rid and get Keegan in. Lets put the fun back into our football - and get promoted!

I agree 100% ;) :023:

I expected us to be relegated this season, with no injection of quality over the summer. But sides who have spent more money than leicester have made less of what they have in their squad than leicester have this year,

We've mad no real investment in the side and suffered the loss of gudjonssen, williams, dublin etc, and the fact that we have managed to be mid table at this point in the season is all credit to Rob Kelly and his staff.

It is also all credit to players like Kisnorbo, Hammond, Tiatto, McAuley, McCarthy, Henderson, Hume and Porter. They have been rotated, dropped to the bench, and have each seemed to take the 'in it together' ethos more to heart than players who underperformed on big wages in earlier seasons.

Kelly has used his small squad well, particularly eeking any style of football at all out of a sqaud with virtually no midfielders of quality.

His major achievement has been in sidelining players who have not shown application or commitment. At different times O'Grady, Stearman, Sylla and Johansson have all been out of the squad despite not being injured and this implies that Kelly is strong enough to keep a squad of players pulling in the same direction.

Whether or not he can do this with players of a higher quality remains to be seen, but the signs so far are good. He may be succesful working alongside Mandaric, or he may have a director of football foisted on him. But either way. he deserves trust after nearly two years of working more effectively than 'names' like Levein, Bassett, Adams, Taylor (and players like Keown, Connolly, Howey, etc who arrived with fanfares, and did nothing for the club).

IMO Kelly could be looked at as the most promising young manager in the country within 2 years. I'm sure we'll see him on match of the day for quite a few years to come either with leicester or another club.

Next year i predict automatic promotion, led by Kelly and Mandaric. with only 6 of the starting 11 we currently watch being in the squad of 16.

Fingers Crossed

I agree with sparky totally and I think those who believe Keegan would be good are living in a dream. He always arrives with fanfares, his teams have flair and then suddenly fall apart, our Kevin gets the hump because the supporters turn on him and then he buggers off. It seeems a lot of people get off on saying there are heaps better managers. Venables - only good with one team, Dowie, sacked after only 15 games (and lots wanted him!!), Newell - now what a tosser he has turned out to be. And, of course, most of the supposedly great managers all had money thrust at them - RK has had absolutely bugger all - and many of the supporters seem to be better managers themselves. I, for one, am prepared to wait and see what he accomplishes when he does get some money instead of dumping on him just because it is so easy to do. I can remember being a MON fan before he started winning for us and the flak he had from supporters was exceptionally vitriolic. History may not repeat itself but it does have a habit of not learning its own lessons

I look like I'm expecting...

It is all very well saying 'Give RK some money and see what he can do'.

My point was that he has had virtually the same squad for a year and achieved almost nothing in terms of improvement in performance, attitude etc. Hume's acceptance that it didn't matter yesterday that he missed two open goals is typical. If Henderson's response to letting two easy goals in had been to say 'Whatever', we would have been baying for his blood.

I am not happy to let RK have lots of money until he shows me can manage a team first. He may have a Reliant Robin of a team but he does not need to have a Ferrari to show us whether he is a good driver or not!

I think those who believe Keegan would be good are living in a dream. He always arrives with fanfares, his teams have flair and then suddenly fall apart, our Kevin gets the hump because the supporters turn on him and then he buggers off.

Nonsense.

Keegan took over at Newcastle when they were in a relegation battle, kept them up and got them promoted as champions in his first full season. He stayed there for 5 years. That's longer than O'Neill was at Leicester.

At Fulham he got them promoted as champions in his only season. He left to become England manager.

At Man City he got them promoted as champions, and consolidated their position in the Premiership. He stayed there for nearly four years.

What we need is a manager who can get us promoted, no one has got a record anything like Keegan's at doing that, he has a 100% record, with three different clubs.

Do you really not want him because he might get us promoted in his first season but he might bugger off 3-4 years later after giving us the most entertaining football we've seen for decades?

Would you rather watch dour football under a dour manager?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670