Its a funny old game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-faithful

I find the last decade down the city has been quite remarkable. Following, and during, our fall from grace under Taylor the club has had some reet daft moments.

Mancini turning out for us, Junior Lewis....just Junior Lewis. La manga and other notable trips abroad. Manadaric, our revolving door, heart attacks and the quickest goal ever scored by a keeper. Mind Boggling at times.

However, one of my favorite moments was Ian Walker decking that fan. It brought a smile to my face, sadistic I know.

What are what are your favorite farcical memories of the last decade?

In no particular order.

Leading Chelsea at the Bridge when we had a poor team. Best away atmosphere's I've witnessed.

Hardly a whisper from our nervous fans and having to listen to "We all love Leeds and we all love Leeds" Then Steve Howard making the place errupt.

Meeting and chatting with Sven and the squad in Bangkok.

In terms of the surreal...

Sitting at home in the desert of Tucson, Arizona, watching new Leicester manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's first game, away to the nation of Thailand, in front of a few thousand of the most dedicated Leicester fans ever, whom had loved the club all day since King Power had told them to.

:104:

Now that was a funny old game.

However, one of my favorite moments was Ian Walker decking that fan. It brought a smile to my face, sadistic I know.

Just read a bit more about this and notes the guy was banned for life. How is this controlled? Wouldn't it be easy to sneak in anyway?

The last 2 1/2 seasons have been extremely enjoyable. The previous 7 1/2 weren't remarkable at all, they were dog shit.

Oliver Bernard being hit full on in the face by Laurent Robert was a highlight!

That the one where he staggered around for a few seconds in a comical fashion before eventually falling to the floor.

Funny at the time, afterwards though I realised that it could have been quite nasty for him.

Craig Laveign (?) was my lowest moment. The dross he brought in was mind boggling.

Craig Levein did exactly what the board told him to do.

There wasn't much to smile about in the first 7 years (bar the promotion season). My highlights in those years include the Birmingham game after La Manga, and the Forest replay after Clive Clarke's heart attack.

Besides the Sousa era, the last 2.5 years have been a total contrast. Leeds at home in League 1 being one of my most memorable moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669