It's Cotterill...apparently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Sorry for starting a new topic for this, but there's so many topics about managers I didn't know where to put it.

Apparently Steve Cotterill will be announced as our new manager tomorrow. Which makes it seem weirder that we've got rid of Dion and MDV, since he now has no big man to work with in a 4-5-1 which he's used to...

From bald reynard on the other site:
I'd like to be first to post the news that our new manager is Steve Cotterill. This comes from my mate who's a journalist on the Manchester evening paper (the same who gave me the tip - the first posted on City sites - that Iain Hume was coming to us). Apparently the news won't be official until tomorrow morning (after the Burnley game). The spiel from our Burnley groundstaff friend that SC is saying goodbye to all at Turf Moor is probably right up to date then.

Last edited:
Graz said:
Sorry for starting a new topic for this, but there's so many topics about managers I didn't know where to put it.

Apparently Steve Cotterill will be announced as our new manager tomorrow. Which makes it seem weirder that we've got rid of Dion and MDV, since he now has no big man to work with in a 4-5-1 which he's used to...

From the other site:

webbo has mentioned it elsewhere, but maybe he's been consulted about both transfers (?)

If he's virtually installed, which seems plausible, he'll have been consulted about the outgoings. Good managers, which Cotterill on his past record certainly is, don't stick rigidly to a specific system anyway, and he would probably have one or two ideas for incoming loans.

One possibility is that the approach for Davies was a smokescreen - Cotterill resigns, we pick him up and refuse to pay compo because he was "one of a number of options we were looking at."

Barry Kilby had promised to be interviewed by Radio Lancashire today to discuss today's meeting with Steve Cotterill, however following completion of todays meeting, Kilby refused to talk to the media, as pointed out by the radio station and many supporters following the snub, surely if it was a positive outcome then they would singing from the rooftops.

I reckon we will have our man tomorrow !

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Barry Kilby had promised to be interviewed by Radio Lancashire today to discuss today's meeting with Steve Cotterill, however following completion of todays meeting, Kilby refused to talk to the media, as pointed out by the radio station and many supporters following the snub, surely if it was a positive outcome then they would singing from the rooftops.

I reckon we will have our man tomorrow !

I hope so, I really do. Tomorrow will be murder until it is confirmed, how the feck will I be able to concentrate at work

Boy Genius said:
I hope so, I really do. Tomorrow will be murder until it is confirmed, how the feck will I be able to concentrate at work

I know I am the same, I am a fecking nervous wreck at the moment, this is the most important appointment in our clubs history and until Cotterill is signed, sealed and delivered, I will be on pins that we may still end up with a Reid, Gregory or Thordason type.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I know I am the same, I am a fecking nervous wreck at the moment, this is the most important appointment in our clubs history and until Cotterill is signed, sealed and delivered, I will be on pins that we may still end up with a Reid, Gregory or Thordason type.

Is Cotterill at the Brighton v Burnley match tonight ?

Well something has definately happened today, because as I have stated in a previous post, the Burnley chairman had agreed to a radio interview to feedback the results of his meeting with Cotterill, however since the completition of their talks, he has since flatly refused to talk to the media, suggests trouble at mill !

sounds as if he is on his way then what does you lot think about him? is he the man to take us back to the prem?

i am a little surprised that we have let both our big strikers go and carnt help but think it will just give our new man a extra thing to worry about, at least keep all the players for the manager to look at a decide who he wants to keep and who is surplus to requirments..
sorry if nobody agrees but i am shocked that we let them go when whoever made the decision was clearly not a long term position:eek:

Dangeruss said:
sounds as if he is on his way then what does you lot think about him? is he the man to take us back to the prem?

i am a little surprised that we have let both our big strikers go and carnt help but think it will just give our new man a extra thing to worry about, at least keep all the players for the manager to look at a decide who he wants to keep and who is surplus to requirments..
sorry if nobody agrees but i am shocked that we let them go when whoever made the decision was clearly not a long term position:eek:

I think Cotterill had already decided to come to us and therefore has had an input into the departures of both Dublin and MDV.

As for whether he is the guy to take us back to the prem, I will settle for survival in the championship first, but IMO he certainly is well thought of in the game especially up here in the North West, is an excellent choice IMO.

people seem to think cotterill is just a long ball merchant. I think he is tactically aware and will suit the tactics to the team

joe501 said:
people seem to think cotterill is just a long ball merchant. I think he is tactically aware and will suit the tactics to the team

as long as we get results, I am not bothered if its by long ball, short ball or high ball. The ball in the net is the only thing that matters, and I will take boring wins anyday, rather than lose playing fancy football....

Boy Genius said:
as long as we get results, I am not bothered if its by long ball, short ball or high ball. The ball in the net is the only thing that matters, and I will take boring wins anyday, rather than lose playing fancy football....

Cotterill mixes up his tactics well, and he plays to his team's strengths, dont be surprised to see us playing high tempo football under his stewardship, his tactics certainly helped get the best from Akinbiyi. Sign of a good manager.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Cotterill mixes up his tactics well, and he plays to his team's strengths, dont be surprised to see us playing high tempo football under his stewardship, his tactics certainly helped get the best from Akinbiyi. Sign of a good manager.

to get the best out of AA you would need to be a magician,,,,:icon_bigg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673