Speculation It's Deadline Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing farce, Blackpool today in a massive game for us and arguably our best striker is in ****ing Huddersfield the night before being pushed out the door.

This club is quite pathetic at times.

Pearson is definitely unlikely to tell a player that he is unwanted if he was sure he would go through with it. Personally I don't think Beckford was at Huddersfield last night and some twit on twitter has made up a lazy rumour. There wasn't much coverage anywhere about it apart from Twitter which suggests nothing was hard evidence.

Pearson is definitely unlikely to tell a player that he is unwanted if he was sure he would go through with it. Personally I don't think Beckford was at Huddersfield last night and some twit on twitter has made up a lazy rumour. There wasn't much coverage anywhere about it apart from Twitter which suggests nothing was hard evidence.
Indeed. I'll not believe any of it until it's on wikipedia.

There were some very interesting, clever or bizarre moves yesterday. Some signs of panic, some signs of clever management. The fact that Maynard, Bothroyd and Sharp were all available and moved into Championship teams speaks volumes about what was possible.

I'm disappointed that we didn't move a few more out. For me, Gallagher, St. Ledger and Beckford were all surplus to requirements, linked with other clubs and we failed to get rid. I'd add Wellens to that list but we probably couldn't lose him due to his injury. That leaves a lot of expensive, inflated ego's in the squad and probably prevented us from adding a couple of much needed defenders.

NP has clearly succeeded in reducing the wage bill from last season, but there were enough good players around this summer to significantly strengthen our squad at the same time. I can't help thinking we've failed to do that.

There were some very interesting, clever or bizarre moves yesterday. Some signs of panic, some signs of clever management. The fact that Maynard, Bothroyd and Sharp were all available and moved into Championship teams speaks volumes about what was possible.

I'm disappointed that we didn't move a few more out. For me, Gallagher, St. Ledger and Beckford were all surplus to requirements, linked with other clubs and we failed to get rid. I'd add Wellens to that list but we probably couldn't lose him due to his injury. That leaves a lot of expensive, inflated ego's in the squad and probably prevented us from adding a couple of much needed defenders.

NP has clearly succeeded in reducing the wage bill from last season, but there were enough good players around this summer to significantly strengthen our squad at the same time. I can't help thinking we've failed to do that.

How can you say SSL is surplus to requirements? We currently have 6 first team defenders (including Moore, who has just become part of the first team).

I'm happier we did no business than losing first team players like Beckford and St Ledger.

I think the likes of Waghorn, Gallagher and maybe Schlupp will all get loan moves sometime soon, plus maybe one of the central midfielders when Wellens is back.

You're right of course, we certainly have surplus centre halves and strikers.

Everybody is writing Wellens off: I would bet that he will return to the first team at the earliest opportunity.

You're right of course, we certainly have surplus centre halves and strikers.

You can't move down at the training ground for feckin' central defenders - it's a complete nightmare

Can't believe we didn't get rid of two or three before deadline day. Crazy, juzt crazy

How can you say SSL is surplus to requirements? We currently have 6 first team defenders (including Moore, who has just become part of the first team)

Because he's not very good and whenever NP has had other decent options, he's left St.Ledger out of the team. Another point with St.Ledger is that he seems to be rather injury prone. He spends too much of the time unavailable anyway, both for former clubs and us.

If you'd considered the whole of my post, I did also say that we ought to have recruited two much needed defenders, making us plus one overall. I would have been happy with two of those linked, Shotton and Higginbotham for example.

Difficult to move players out if nobody wants them (or can afford them).

There is a bloke called Nigel Clibbens on twitter who appears to be the Huddersfield CEO who said the Beckford deal was sorted between player and both clubs and city pulled out at 10:55.

Could be bollocks course, but worth noting.

(I bet I've been Scooped here).

There is a bloke called Nigel Clibbens on twitter who appears to be the Huddersfield CEO who said the Beckford deal was sorted between player and both clubs and city pulled out at 10:55.

I've not seen it. Good, hopefully that means we saw sense and the deal won't be resurrected in the loan window.

Could mean we were working on something that didn't come off.

I have put my tin hat on before making this post but, there is one very obvious reason why we might have pulled this deal - and stopped any players - in, or out. The board could well be considering NP's position. Five games into the season may well be daft, but I do not see them taking too many more defeats.

I have put my tin hat on before making this post but, there is one very obvious reason why we might have pulled this deal - and stopped any players - in, or out. The board could well be considering NP's position. Five games into the season may well be daft, but I do not see them taking too many more defeats.

Yeah the signs are there, city not selling means that NP is gone and Sousa is in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669