Speculation It's Deadline Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
News will still be coming in for the next hour or so though. Really now just hoping Beckford hasn't gone.

Well, there we go. The window is now shut and the only business we've done is Cian Bolger out on loan and (allegedly?) Beckford out on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Not fussed about Bolger but letting Beckford go is utter madness.

Again, it's only one guy's word. I'll street about it when it's confirmed and we don't sign a replacement.

Well, there we go. The window is now shut and the only business we've done is Cian Bolger out on loan and (allegedly?) Beckford out on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Not fussed about Bolger but letting Beckford go is utter madness.

I agree. I predicted the Beckford move as soon as I heard Rhodes had gone and the short sighted lot at LCFC probably would see it as a way to get one of the big salaries off the payroll. Sorry but Mr Magoo has more insight than this bunch we have in charge at our Club and that includes Nigel I dont want any player that doesnt fit into my side Pearson.
Huddersfield for the Playoffs and we end up midtable yet again.

Huddersfield Examiner (their local paper I think?) just tweeted that Beckford HASN'T joined them tonight!

And I'm hoping he won't! Could still go when the loan window reopens of course... Hopefully not though.

Last edited:
what would the rush be to get a loan deal done ? i thought loan deals could be done for a few weeks yet ?

Window shuts and then reopens. I don't know if terms are different outside of transfer window, such as not being able to a future permanent deal in there? Not sure, one for Jeff that.

Their Twitter account says he hasn't...

And now that article says he hasn't too.

JERMAINE BECKFORDs move to Huddersfield Town has hit a late delay after the move wasn't completed in time.

I apologise for the premature article, it was looking to be sailing through but a last minute hitch means that this deal has not been confirmed tonight.

It is expected that Town will go back and complete this deal when the loan window opens.

Sorry Town fans - I'm as disappointed as you :( frowny face

Read more: http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=292189#ixzz25AMfW4eq

Last edited:
Well, it would seem that whether it's happened or not tonight, I suspect it's only a matter of time.

Well, it would seem that whether it's happened or not tonight, I suspect it's only a matter of time.

Is there anything to back this up other than Bert/Stringer twitter bollocks?

Watford have just signed five players all on loan from Udinese, joining five that already joined from Udinese this summer. This seems really stupid and excessive to me. I'm hoping it fails miserably.

Is there anything to back this up other than Bert/Stringer twitter bollocks?

Niether Stringer or Bert have tweeted about this, several other sources have, including Fourth Official who is normally reliable on transfer news.

It may well be all Twitter crap, only time will tell.

They also tweeted of a mass exodus to happen at City but so far, a grand total of **** all have left.

Twitter can be a great source for breaking news but you can't believe everything.

They also tweeted of a mass exodus to happen at City but so far, a grand total of **** all have left.

Twitter can be a great source for breaking news but you can't believe everything.

I asked his agent on Twitter and he has it's nothing doing.

****ing farce, Blackpool today in a massive game for us and arguably our best striker is in ****ing Huddersfield the night before being pushed out the door.

This club is quite pathetic at times.

****ing farce, Blackpool today in a massive game for us and arguably our best striker is in ****ing Huddersfield the night before being pushed out the door.

This club is quite pathetic at times.

How do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673