It's MIKE NEWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babylon said:
I'm pretty sure he means the win is for the club not for him. If you know what I mean!?!?

yeah, i got that, but his response doesn't indicate whether or not he wants the job. it was a diplomatic reply.

newtonfox said:
was the birch there tonight ??? if not thats where it's come from imo :icon_conf

He was there, and he kept very quiet about the 'rumour' - which for Birch must have been a stretch.

Leigh said:
He was there, and he kept very quiet about the 'rumour' - which for Birch must have been a stretch.

The information was meant to be kept very tight but as always it leaks out. The key people shortlisted for the job were contacted around the time CL was getting his cards. Cotterell was close to coming here as our number 1 target. Now number 2 MN is in the driving seat. He will be here next week when the dust settles a bit. In the mean time we have to listen to all the rhetoric of Luton, the press and media etc.

drummindefender said:
still not going to believe it till an official announcement is made.

If it don't happen i'll show my bum (the one on the left) in woolies window.

Who eles do you reckons on their list of potential candidates? Colchesters bloke Phil Parkinson must have been thrown in by someone. He's perfected the art of polishing a turd down there.

EMC Fox said:
Yeah me too.. but they just can't spell it here :icon_bigg

I thought wollies played for Forest....:icon_bigg

SilverFox said:
no thats 'WANKERS' :icon_razz

Rookie mistake!

10_4_4v.gif

Whilst I will only truly believe that Newell is our manager, once he is stood on the Walkers turf holding aloft a City Scarf in front of the media, I am also not going to take too much notice of a Chairman's obvious media statements that he does not want to lose the manager, that they have a great working relationship, that they will fight tooth and nail to keep him.

Did we not hear the same things quoted from our chairman when Little left for Villa and McGhee to Wolves, also it is all part of the political and financial world of football.

If the chairman just lies down and accepts our approach for one of Luton's best managers, then this places his own position at jeopardy, he has to be seen to have done everything to keep Newell at the club, also by taking this stance it may force Newell to quit, thus the wrath of the fans transfers to the disloyal manager not the unambitious chairman, it also allows Luton to take a stronger bargaining position when discussing compensation, if they allow us to approach Newell without much fight then it would surely put Leicester in a stronger position, so make it difficult and maybe weed a bit more cash out of our club.

The big difference between the Newell and Cotterill situations is that SC did not want to have to quit Burnley, if he was going to take the job he wanted to go with Burnley's chairmans consent, whereas I believe Newell has become disillusioned at Luton, following a number of false promises, and therefore with no past history of quitting clubs will IMO walk out on Luton if permission is not granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669