It's MIKE NEWELL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrysalis said:
I seen newell's comments and it looks to me it is very likely he is leaving luton. Not necessairly for us tho, although I think we are the most likely destination.

Newell I would defenitly be happy with, the 3 year contract length is a bit dodgy as it means compensation payout again if it doesnt workout but I guess he wants some sort of security if he is to sign up.

I can understand what you are saying, but when you are appointing a new manager, you believe at that time you are securing the right man, so too offer a short term contract would surely show a lack of confidence in the manager's capabilities.

However why not offer a 12 month rolling contract, this offers the manager secruity as it renews itself daily, so he always has a 12 month contract but it also limits compensation payments should there have to be a parting of the ways.

This has been posted on the Rivals site, basically stating that Newell quit Luton last night.

ffff Posted on 4/2 1:37

spewed luton tonight (M N)

thats what I got told tonight a couple of hours ago, from a fella with strong links at Luton, not trying to spread rumours just passing on stuff.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
This has been posted on the Rivals site, basically stating that Newell quit Luton last night.

ffff Posted on 4/2 1:37

spewed luton tonight (M N)

thats what I got told tonight a couple of hours ago, from a fella with strong links at Luton, not trying to spread rumours just passing on stuff.

Can't believe a man of his integrity would leave just before a game, unless he's had a big fall out with the MD. Tomorrow or Monday I hope we hear an offical announcement of some sort. Interesting Jim McCahill put this in his Chairman's Message today:

Considerable progress has already been made and we have been impressed by the quality and diversity of the number of applicants we have received for the post.

Last edited:
I would love someone like Mike Newell to take over, but why are we all so quick to bring a new man in.

Lets give Rob Kelly a chance, thats two wins on the trot now and the team are working harder for him and each other than they ever did under Levein.

If its working under him, give him the job.

GavinS said:
I would love someone like Mike Newell to take over, but why are we all so quick to bring a new man in.

Lets give Rob Kelly a chance, thats two wins on the trot now and the team are working harder for him and each other than they ever did under Levein.

Good point, Kelly's fine work provides an interesting problem for the board - however Mike Newell is a proven young manager who's hungry, I don't think we should shy away from the chance of landin him....However Rob Kelly HAS to stay.

alex said:
Good point, Kelly's fine work provides an interesting problem for the board - however Mike Newell is a proven young manager who's hungry, I don't think we should shy away from the chance of landin him....However Rob Kelly HAS to stay.

Definately, I'd wager Newell or whoever the new man turns out to be will want to bring in his own backroom staff but Id say at the least we should keep Kelly in charge of the Youth set up around here..

TornadoShaunUK said:
Definately, I'd wager Newell or whoever the new man turns out to be will want to bring in his own backroom staff but Id say at the least we should keep Kelly in charge of the Youth set up around here..

Yeah, imagine him getting laid off, two league games, two league wins and redundant? That would be mental. It's going to be an interesting few days i reckon.

GavinS said:

I would be happy with Newell in the summer.

At the moment we need points, I think if it is not broke then don't fix it.

Normally when new managers come in, they change systems, players and sometimes it takes time to settle to the new system.

Kelly until the end of the season and a knighthood for keeping us up!!!

Last edited:
Funny situation we got ourselves in, apperently newell wasnt at luton today so it seems he has defenitly quit. But I bet the board never anticipated kelly having win both league games, but if newell wants his own backroom staff it could mean kelly been shown the door.

Chrysalis said:
Funny situation we got ourselves in, apperently newell wasnt at luton today so it seems he has defenitly quit. But I bet the board never anticipated kelly having win both league games, but if newell wants his own backroom staff it could mean kelly been shown the door.

...Newell was at the game.. they lost 3-2, and he gave an interview afterwards :icon_lol:
dont believe everything you read on chavtalk

chappyblue said:
Luton fan on 606 says Newell will be next city boss

In which case I'm off to the bookies to put my mortgage on it.:icon_wink

Just so long as it isn't that F**k Holloway!:099:

Chrysalis said:
I hope the NOTW have got it wrong when I heard what they printed I freaked.

you have to take everything printed in the tabloids with a pinch of salt, i just so hope this is another bollox spouting column filler.

Dont think anyone wants Holloway, but if it eventually comes down to money(compo) you can bet he'd be the cheaper option.

Im still expecting a Newell Press Conference on Monday/Tuesday, the bonus would be if he said he wanted Kelly/Stowell to stay (and they accepted)..... now that would be good news

On your bike Holloway!

NEWS OF THE WORLD TODAY::

FOXES GET HOLLOWAY

'Leicester chairman Jim McCahill contacted rangers....'
'A leicester source confimed Ian has agreed to join us'

dunno if its true??? u know wt the papers are like.......

XxX

Here we go........it is beginning to unfold and expect further news tomorrow. As I said all along this won't be rushed. Mike Newell is a stubborn character and it will go as he wishes so not to tarnish the reputation of this young manager. In my opinion the softly softly approach is good for him and LCFC but the fans have been through hell with all these other dodgy prospects like Holloway being thrown in the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00