It's not Mike Newell, its.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you there Duzza, there was no need for Cotterill's declaration today, bearing in mind that a couple of days ago it had been made pretty obvious that he would not be leaving Burnley. IMO this is Cotterill, now knowing an appointment is imminent, clarifying his loyalty to Burnley by basically saying he turned the position down and a point of demonstrating that he was first choice for the job, rather than Leicester stating that Newell or whoever was first choice.

I don't think Cotterill has a scooby doo whether we've appointed anyone or not. Why would he??? Cotterill did what all managers who are successful do, and used the situation to his advantage. Who knows what promises of transfer money etc were thrown at his feet to keep him. MON did the same at our place if you remember. Took an eternity to say he wasn't going then declared his loyalty.

Treebeard said:
I don't think Cotterill has a scooby doo whether we've appointed anyone or not. Why would he??? Cotterill did what all managers who are successful do, and used the situation to his advantage. Who knows what promises of transfer money etc were thrown at his feet to keep him. MON did the same at our place if you remember. Took an eternity to say he wasn't going then declared his loyalty.

Cotterill will be well aware of what is happening as regards the Leicester vacancy bearing in mind he was our no 1 target, I would imagine that his agent has been in constant contact with the LCFC board, also football is a small industry and with agents and so on representating players and managers at a variety of differing clubs then I would bet that this sort of information would be difficult to keep quiet.

yep, to the extent that we're interested in Newell fair enough, but not what stage its all at. He said no to us because of his own situation, not due to the stage negotiations are at with anyone else.

Treebeard said:
yep, to the extent that we're interested in Newell fair enough, but not what stage its all at. He said no to us because of his own situation, not due to the stage negotiations are at with anyone else.

Good point too.

Treebeard said:

Who said he turned us down?

alex said:
Whatever rocks your boat Sir....

Fecking suggestions about my match day boozer Alex, now I fecking pimp out Boy Genius, what you trying to say like :icon_eek: :098:

Last edited:
Naughty Fox said:
Fecking suggestions about my match day boozer Alex, now I fecking pimp out Boy Genius, what you trying to say like :icon_eek: :098:

Ha ha bum raider!!

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Cotterill will be well aware of what is happening as regards the Leicester vacancy bearing in mind he was our no 1 target, I would imagine that his agent has been in constant contact with the LCFC board, also football is a small industry and with agents and so on representating players and managers at a variety of differing clubs then I would bet that this sort of information would be difficult to keep quiet.

I doubt it very much. Wishful thinking I'm afraid. Cotterill is doing what any reasonably smart (or well advised) operator would do by milking the situation to his own advantage at Burnley.

I doubt whether the Newell situation is a done deal....I agree with the view that Leicester is a much better job than Luton, that's obvious but ambitious managers are going to have their eyes are even tastier morsels, e.g. Sunderland and then there is a compensation issue for our severely cash strapped club.

I'm not saying that Newell isn't coming here, but I think it's in the balance at the very least.

Redditch Fox said:
I doubt it very much. Wishful thinking I'm afraid. Cotterill is doing what any reasonably smart (or well advised) operator would do by milking the situation to his own advantage at Burnley.

I doubt whether the Newell situation is a done deal....I agree with the view that Leicester is a much better job than Luton, that's obvious but ambitious managers are going to have their eyes are even tastier morsels, e.g. Sunderland and then there is a compensation issue for our severely cash strapped club.

I'm not saying that Newell isn't coming here, but I think it's in the balance at the very least.

Great points (as always Redditch) but I really think Newell's somewhere in the middle at the moment - not big enough for the really big boys in the Prem, ala Newcastle etc, and possibly too big for us (although I sincerely hope not).

My question would be cost, how much would it cost to compensate a move like this?

Redditch Fox said:

:038: :038:

Redditch Fox said:
Media speculation suggests £300k.

If it is that high then I think it could be a problem.

Don't worry, our board have probably pumped the Connolly money into the Euromillions

Last edited:
joe501 said:
The Fox's correct info vs RN Fox's correct info?

Im going with RN..

A wise move, it will happen and RN Fox will be givinh The Fox a big fat "I told you so"

drummindefender said:
if he was highland he would of agreed to my little wager in the its mike newell thread
Drummin stop being so negative,thats my job on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00