It's time to turn on our owners

Amazing how now if you disagree with BN you’re part of a cult… a very basic tactic of the modern world to try and belittle the other side to try and prove your side is right.

It would be be like me suggesting that your constant reference to ‘Ze System’ has racist undertones and therefore any mention of it makes you immediately wrong… but I wouldn’t be as petty…

Also with your theory does that mean everyone slagging off Daka and Faes in the Match Thread is part of the cult… or do you just mean the other players… or just the members on here that disagree with you…

Let’s also give a free pass to Maddison, Tielemans, et al, for last season… they had nothing to do with us getting relegated… it was that evil BR and him alone.

Some of the stuff people make up to make themselves right is beyond belief…

Personally I think the drop off in form is down to the manager and the players… and it is up to the manager to sort it out. If he doesn’t he will be gone.

Congratulations. I'm sure you loved posting this.

I've addressed everything you've made up here many times before. You've chosen to use misrepresentation to feel better about yourself.

You are welcome to your view.

So Daka has been shit since we bought him because of the manager.

When are we allowed to say he's shit because, well, you know, he's shit?

No. That's not what I said. I've specifically addressed where I think we went wrong with Daka a while ago.

I think your approach of claiming your chosen players are shit irrespective of what they do or what they've done, is far more problematic.

No. That's not what I said. I've specifically addressed where I think we went wrong with Daka a while ago.

I think your approach of claiming your chosen players are shit irrespective of what they do or what they've done, is far more problematic.
It's not irrespective of what they do or have done. It's as a result of what they do or have done. It's really not that difficult to understand.

You spent the whole of last season telling us how much Maddison was to blame for our complete capitulation. You said the same about Vardy too. But that's different I guess for some obscure reason you'll invent. The hypocrisy you choose to ignore is astonishing.

The truth is, as Willow has already pointed out, is that a combination of really poor management and some awful individual performances from players, some who are simply not up to the job, is why we find ourselves struggling at the business end of the season.

You spent the whole of last season telling us how much Maddison was to blame for our complete capitulation. You said the same about Vardy too.

I'm going to choose to ignore everything but this part of your post. Just because it's boring.

On Maddison, my view has always been consistent. He's doing for Spurs what he did for us. For 3 months of the season, he's excellent, 3 months he's mainly missing in action and 3 months he's injured. He's very talented but there is a reason why he's gone to Spurs and not a trophy winning club. There is a reason why he's never been anywhere with England. He's weak physically and mentally. Every time I've been critical of him has been because of this. He could be much more.

On Vardy, I have never blamed him for anything. He's our clubs best ever player and it's almost tear inducing to see his end with us be this pitiful. My challenge with Vardy is/was simple. He's 37 (or 36 last year). He's injury prone now. He's also incapable of doing the things that used to be a major part of his game. Therefore, we should not be reliant on him and we should not overplay him. I've no problem with having him on the bench to come on if needed late on. I've no problem with an occasional start when the fixture suits. Apart from that, it's madness to expect more. Oh, and I do have an issue with how much he is costing the club in wages compared to what we get in return. That pendulum swung against the clubs best interest some time ago.

I'm going to choose to ignore everything but this part of your post. Just because it's boring.
Or, you haven't got an answer. Yeah, let's go with that. It's that lexical equivalent of running away. Again.
On Maddison, my view has always been consistent. He's doing for Spurs what he did for us. For 3 months of the season, he's excellent, 3 months he's mainly missing in action and 3 months he's injured. He's very talented but there is a reason why he's gone to Spurs and not a trophy winning club. There is a reason why he's never been anywhere with England. He's weak physically and mentally. Every time I've been critical of him has been because of this. He could be much more.
So the players are never to blame because they are 'slabs of meat'. Except Maddison. He's definitely to blame.

And you still can't see it....
I've no problem with having him on the bench to come on if needed late on. I've no problem with an occasional start when the fixture suits.
You literally said he was 'finished'. You were adamant he shouldn't be playing at all. You're like Piers Morgan in that you don't really have a viable view on anything, just a changeable one to suit your agenda at the time.

You seem to think that everyone who doesn't agree with your childish nonsense must therefore be happy with everything including the manager. It's just complete wibble. You are happy to absolve the players for everything and defend their hideous performances because at the moment, it suits your desperate need to prove you were right. You were even trying to defend Faes' complete and total **** up yesterday, simply so you could have another go at using a German accent for some bizarre reason.

Manager, players, leadership; all have to take some responsibility for what is happening.

You deserve a ban for that

BN can be a bit of a twat, we all know that - but he’s our twat, and part of the gang

Shame on you
Yeah. I'm rarely ashamed of what I say but that.....

****ing disgrace really.

Whenever you find yourself blaming players for missing chances or defensive mistakes or whatever, you're missing the point.

Cult members immediately blame the players.

Sign me up for that there cult, big fella - I’m in…

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but I find it hard to turn on the ownership. Remembering where we were and the state we were in when King Power took over, this era has been far better than I could ever have hoped for. Even with the current financial issues, these are because our ownership has ambition.

Some decisions have gone wrong but would we really prefer an ownership with less ambition and less willingness to take risks?

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but I find it hard to turn on the ownership. Remembering where we were and the state we were in when King Power took over, this era has been far better than I could ever have hoped for. Even with the current financial issues, these are because our ownership has ambition.

Some decisions have gone wrong but would we really prefer an ownership with less ambition and less willingness to take risks?
Exactly this.

They have earned the right for us to be patient, but they do need to improve communications with the fans and improve behind the scenes.

Exactly this.

They have earned the right for us to be patient, but they do need to improve communications with the fans and improve behind the scenes.

Thing is, I broadly agree with these two points, but the problem is that when circumstances have changed, the owners have not.

I'm all for steady and responsible ownership and I wouldn't advocate chopping and changing our behind the scenes management every 5 mins, BUT - things have now been wrong for a long time, arguably since 2017, but certainly since Vichai died.

Over that time we have:
  1. Sleepwalked into the most needless relegation in Premier League history
  2. Whilst having the 7th highest paid squad in the PL.
  3. Dismantled a recruitment team that put together a title winning side and have since spunked hundreds of millions of pounds on transfers and wages for players that have not improved the squad.
  4. Despite relegation form for more than a season, failed to have any kind of back up plan for who would succeed Rodgers which resulted in us being rejected by Jesse Marsch.
  5. Managed to lose £90m+ in the same season we sold Maddison and Fofana for a combined £125m.
  6. Failed to understand and engage with the rule makers and have subsequently undertaken legal action against the PL for implementing rules we voted for.

That's far from an exhaustive list, but no one has been held to account for any of that and no one has addressed it with the fans either and those are both major failings.

I don't find it hard at all. Nostalgia should be reserved for old music, films, tv shows, girlfriends & adventures. If something used to be good but is now shit either change it or reform it.

& the bald fact is we don't actually have the same ownership anyway. Everything was under the control of one bloke. That bloke is now gone & we're now run (I suspect) by a family coalition. None of them know what they're doing & have left the club in the hands of raging incompetents who have destroyed it.

Those ****s need to be ejected with immediate effect & that's been clear as crystal for a very long time now. The fact that they haven't means that the ownership is every bit as complacent & incompetent as they are.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563