ITV Premiership rights for next four years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

I think I read in the Guardian that ITV have signed some huge four year deal with the FA. Does anyone know anymore about this? Does that mean we have to watch the shitty ITV version of MOTD for four years? :icon_sad:

Yes, I think so. BBC haven't got anything but Football League from next season

At least will still hear David Pleat saying 'Benyanoun' constantly instead of 'Benayoun' and 'Barbell' instead of 'Babel'

I will never watch a version of ITV's 'The Premiershite' ever again. They have nobodies like Robbie Earle and Andy Townsend summarising, they always show about half an hour of a boring game which will always include one of the big 4 teams, and then show about 30 seconds of the half-decent games. Unlike MOTD which always has the most entertaining game as the major game, regardless of which teams are playing in it.

Oh aye
''Highlights tonight from Cheltenham versus Brighton..don't switch over'':icon_roll:icon_roll:icon_roll

for those fans yes!!

they will have more leagues and more teams and that means more fans that will want to watch.
The fan base im sure will be smaller than prem teams, but champ, L1 and L2 fans watch the championship on ITV and this will be no difference apart from hopefully it will be longer and and on saturday night.

I think I read in the Guardian that ITV have signed some huge four year deal with the FA. Does anyone know anymore about this? Does that mean we have to watch the shitty ITV version of MOTD for four years? :icon_sad:
The ITV deal with the FA is for Live FA cup rights and live rights to England games. It was a joint bid with Setanta, who will show the England away WC 2010 Qualifiers whilst ITV have the home games. Setanta will also show the majority of FA cup games this season.

Match of the Day will be here for many seasons to come. Don't worry!

for those fans yes!!

they will have more leagues and more teams and that means more fans that will want to watch.
The fan base im sure will be smaller than prem teams, but champ, L1 and L2 fans watch the championship on ITV and this will be no difference apart from hopefully it will be longer and and on saturday night.

A lot fecking smaller,Joe Public does not want to watch Division One Football.If you think there will be a MOTD on a Saturday night shown at the same time as now with highlights from Championship,Div One and Div Two games then you are deluded..it will never ever happen

A lot fecking smaller,Joe Public does not want to watch Division One Football.If you think there will be a MOTD on a Saturday night shown at the same time as now with highlights from Championship,Div One and Div Two games then you are deluded..it will never ever happen

H i know it wont happen but it would be nice to see it. :icon_rollA lot of people would still watch it especially those supporting champ teams.

H i know it wont happen but it would be nice to see it. :icon_A lot of people would still watch it especially those supporting champ teams.

No they would not,you think that because you are biased:icon_roll Joe Public wants to see Top Class Footballers not Div One hoofers.

Last edited:
Am i baised? Even if city were in the prem, i would still watch the championship.

Most supporters of the teams in div 1,2 and 3 would watch it instead of the prem highlights

If your idea is so good then why has it not be done? I tell you why because its a Ratings Loser thats why:icon_roll

i cant claim it was my idea, when the championship does it sunday mornings.

I give in :102:
You are saying it should be on at 10 pm on a Saturday.You argue stuff and then when you realise you are wrong you say..its not my opinion:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669