I've heard a rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

Not sure how true it is but

Nixon to be called up for the England one day squad in Australia

I fully expect to have egg on my face but its from quite a reliable source, so I thought I would pass on the info ;)

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Laughing at the rumour and then if the rumour is true, the fact England are that desperate

Well if he were 10 years younger it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Hes a good keeper and has just had the season of his life with the bat. I did also hear Darren Lehmann suggest his name a few months ago on Sky.

The obvious factor against him is his age. So if it is true then perhaps it is a short term measure for the world cup.

no, not a chance.

The squads announced 7.30am tomorrow, so lets wait and see!

I find it hard to believe as well but this guy who gave the tip is quite reliable.

looks like Broady is in the squad for definite. would be ideal for them to give him a test instead of mahmood as well...

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/cbs/content/story/273561.html

Meanwhile, Leicestershire's wicketkeeper Paul Nixon, 36, is also back for his first tour since the trip to Pakistan and Sri Lanka in 2000-01. There is a certain irony there, seeing as the man whose position he has usurped, Geraint Jones, is the man who displaced him at Kent at the beginning of the decade. Seeing as Chris Read has been retained in the squad as well, the indications are that Jones's days in the Test side could also be numbered.

England one-day squad James Anderson (Lancashire), Ian Bell (Warwickshire), Paul Collingwood (Durham), James Dalrymple (Middlesex), Andrew Flintoff (Lancashire), Ed Joyce (Middlesex), Jon Lewis (Gloucestershire), Sajid Mahmood (Lancashire), Paul Nixon (Leicestershire), Monty Panesar (Northamptonshire), Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire), Liam Plunkett (Durham), Chris Read (Nottinghamshire), Andrew Strauss (Middlesex), Chris Tremlett (Hampshire), Michael Vaughan (Yorkshire)

no, not a chance.

Bollocks - that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That's like saying Salvador Dali and Picasso should have been hung for taking drugs. A ridiculous and immature comment.

Who exactly is the arrogant one here? Warne or Webbo, Homer and Melto? I know - shame you don't.

You really should listen to yourselves sometimes and have a word - self-righteous bullshit.

Not sure how true it is but

Nixon to be called up for the England one day squad in Australia

I fully expect to have egg on my face but its from quite a reliable source, so I thought I would pass on the info ;)

:023: :023:

I'm a bit surprised to see Read there too. It really shows that there is a big power struggle between Fletcher and Graveney, both are insistent that they get a keeper of their choice in the squad. Bizarre!

Its a great oppurtunity for Nixon though. I expect him to start a few games and if he puts in some decent performances then he'll be heading to the world cup!

Fair play CM that's an excellent call. I wont' doubt your source again! I don't care what Graham Thorpe says, it's a good decision. Now is not the time to put another young wicketkeeper like Davies under the microscpoe, the pressure could get to them. Nixon is a safe pair of hands.

Jones has had it (I actually feel sorry for him, he clearly was not in the right form or mental state to be recalled into the side), Prior has had a go and not succeeded.

I really hope Nixon gets a go as after the season he had I don't think he'd let them down. A lot depends on how Read performs in the last 2 tests. But whatever happens I think they'll probably give Nixon a game or two.

Surprised about Broad, but Tremlett is another Fletcher favourite. Mahmood is getting far too many chances in ODIs. How many more times can he be hit for 6-7 an over before they realise he just isn't good enough yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669