New Contract Jamie Vardy (4 yrs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me the best signing of the summer is Steve Walsh Sr.

Leaving the EU will have a big impact on his job though. We'll have a much smaller pool of players to choose from. The foreign players who'll be able to get work permits will be successful players other clubs will also want to sign. No chance of signing another Mahrez.
We might have to concentrate more on British players rather than looking abroad.

Anyone know the best number for the mail to recall Jiffy bags full of turds?

I think you just have to wait for them to pass through the system naturally. They'll end up deposited somewhere

I'm so happy he's staying! Now I can finally get my avatar picture blown up as a picture for the wall.
I've had my avatar tattooed on me. It looks quite good but my nose makes the trojan helmet look a bit weird

Leaving the EU will have a big impact on his job though. We'll have a much smaller pool of players to choose from. The foreign players who'll be able to get work permits will be successful players other clubs will also want to sign. No chance of signing another Mahrez.
We might have to concentrate more on British players rather than looking abroad.

If true, I hope you're not suggesting that would be a bad thing. And even then, the rules would apply to all clubs giving a level playing field.

Anyway, as long as we continue with our 'band of brothers' mentality we will be fine no matter what nationalities constitute the team.

Walsh probably wont be here by the time we withdraw anyway

It is up to the FA what rules they set about players coming in to play in our league. They will review their rules accordingly.

It is in nobody's interest to restrict genuine talent from coming to the country and, as long as a club can demonstrate this, there will be no issue. The suggestion that signing someone like Kante or Mahrez would be impossible in future is absurd.

The only likely outcome of this vote is that eventually there will be far fewer piss poor journeyman european players clogging up lower league teams and we can all be very happy about this.

Speculation.
It is up to the FA what rules they set about players coming in to play in our league. They will review their rules accordingly.

It is in nobody's interest to restrict genuine talent from coming to the country and, as long as a club can demonstrate this, there will be no issue. The suggestion that signing someone like Kante or Mahrez would be impossible in future is absurd.

The only likely outcome of this vote is that eventually there will be far fewer piss poor journeyman european players clogging up lower league teams and we can all be very happy about this.
Speculation.

Answer = we don't know.

Speculation.

Speculation.

Answer = we don't know.
Yes but the difference in the campaigning is stark:

1) Vote to leave. Our country will implode. NF will gain power. Skinheads will roam our streets showing disproportionate violence towards all who have a suntan. The economy will collapse. Companies will remove their investment in this country.

2) Vote to stay. Be in control of your own destiny.

Hmmmm, tricky.

Yes but the difference in the campaigning is stark:

1) Vote to leave. Our country will implode. NF will gain power. Skinheads will roam our streets showing disproportionate violence towards all who have a suntan. The economy will collapse. Companies will remove their investment in this country.

2) Vote to stay. Be in control of your own destiny.

Hmmmm, tricky.
People read into things what they want. This, for example, is how you perceived things.

All I'm saying is there is little in the way of fact and proof in any of this. The only things that are factual are that the vote was Leave and we will find out what effect this has on the current situation as new agreements and regulations are put in place. Even then, this won't form a comparison as to what would have happened under a Remain victory, it will only show what the effects of a Leave vote are, as we won't be able to say for definite if any of these things would have been different under a Leave victory.

Nothing will change as we'll have to accept free movement from EU as part of any trade deals.

I was remain but from a footballing perspective, it could open us up to the world even more. EU restricted players from outside of it so no we may be able to snap up the young South Americans instead of then having to go to the Ukrainian league for a few years first.

It's up to the government to decide who they will allow to work here, not the FA. They have an agreement in place for non EU players at the moment, and if that was in place for EU players too, we wouldn't have been allowed to sign Mahrez, for example.

It's up to the government to decide who they will allow to work here, not the FA. They have an agreement in place for non EU players at the moment, and if that was in place for EU players too, we wouldn't have been allowed to sign Mahrez, for example.

It's absurd to say that if rules were the same as they are now and we're out of the EU then this will happen or that will happen.

The whole point is that we will determine what we want to do. Football clubs will lobby the FA and the FA will lobby the government and the government will do what is in the best interests of a very successful and popular business in this country.

Why wouldn't they?

It's absurd to say that if rules were the same as they are now and we're out of the EU then this will happen or that will happen.

The whole point is that we will determine what we want to do. Football clubs will lobby the FA and the FA will lobby the government and the government will do what is in the best interests of a very successful and popular business in this country.

Why wouldn't they?

Maybe they won't because they don't like hundreds of millions of pounds leaving the country on transfer fees and wages every year.

Look down the divisions and there are loads of ordinary footballers from the EU who are doing nothing to enhance the game in this country, they're just taking jobs a British person could have. Why should these players be allowed in when better players from outside the EU aren't?

There will be rules to determine whether a player from the EU should be allowed to play in the UK, just like there are for players from outside the EU, and I'm pretty sure uncapped players from the French second division won't be considered good enough.

Maybe they won't because they don't like hundreds of millions of pounds leaving the country on transfer fees and wages every year.

Look down the divisions and there are loads of ordinary footballers from the EU who are doing nothing to enhance the game in this country, they're just taking jobs a British person could have. Why should these players be allowed in when better players from outside the EU aren't?

There will be rules to determine whether a player from the EU should be allowed to play in the UK, just like there are for players from outside the EU, and I'm pretty sure uncapped players from the French second division won't be considered good enough.

Unfortunately Jeff I think you are right. Identifying raw talent is a skill, so Walshy will have to look at the English lower divisions in the long term. However it will take a couple of years for the separation to take effect, so there is still time for a couple of more gems to be unearthed.

Like it or not, and feel free to continue to claim otherwise, but the key driver for the whole out campaign is immigration

Whoever takes over now, they will do everything they can not to recreate a set of circumstances to facilitate what they think is a massive threat - keeping Johnny foreigner away from our jobs, NHS, housing and welfare benefits. Whatever rules are created to prevent this happening will impact on the ability to employ 'lesser' european football players

Whether football clubs scream about it or not is pretty irrelevant, in the grand scheme of things

Who gives a ****, its football.

It will go back to the way it was before the Eurozone its called a work permit and the average earnings for a prem player is 80k a week that is alot of tax for the treasury not really a big issue!

It will go back to the way it was before the Eurozone its called a work permit and the average earnings for a prem player is 80k a week that is alot of tax for the treasury not really a big issue!
I think from a government point of view they would wish those wages not to be leaving the UK, so they would prefer a British player to be paying that tax rather than a foreign player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757