New Contract Jamie Vardy (4 yrs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Leicester City have today (Thursday) agreed with the representatives of Jamie Vardy to extend the England international’s contract with the Premier League champions for a further four years.

Both parties hope that this announcement will end recent speculation regarding Jamie’s future and confirm his long term commitment to Leicester City Football Club.

Jamie will continue to focus all of his efforts on trying to achieve success with the England team at the European Championships in France.

There will be no further comment from either the Club or the player on this matter until the conclusion of the tournament.

Interesting, this isn't dead and buried though. I cast my mind back a few years when a deal was agreed with representatives of Marlon King to sign a new deal at Coventry, I said to a Cov supporting colleague that it wasn't done until it was official and I was berated for it. Two days later he signed for Birmingham.

I am delighted with the news, but not 100% convinced it is done and dusted just yet.

Interesting timing - maybe some of our targets / their agents have expressed concern over players leaving

Maybe they were waiting until the end of the group stage to announce it because they'd assumed England would be out by then...?

For some reason it reminds me of the 'Last Tango in Paris' scene where Marlon is shoving butter up Arse! :oops:

Or maybe Vardy just thought £30ml for Deeney!!! ...I'm worth a shit load more than that! :cool:

Great news! Hopefully this will persuade Kante to stay as well.

Great news! Hopefully this will persuade Kante to stay as well.

Let's hope so.

Vardy staying - and reportedly taking less here than Arsenal were offering - sends a great message to both the current squad and potential signings.

We mean business. There's something amazing happening here. Why not be a part of it?

Like I said before, Vardy is the face of this team for the media and the general public. Keeping him is huge.

I'm so happy he's staying! Now I can finally get my avatar picture blown up as a picture for the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363