Speculation Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to watch Fleetwood quite regularly, he's a brilliant player, absolutely rapid and a good eye for goal. He can only really play as a striker as he is wasted out wide. Not sure if he's ready for this level yet but looks to have the potential.

Quite a few premier league clubs are after him so I doubt we'll be successful in any kind of approach, but with a bit of development he could be a good signing.

This is NOT a get at Pearson because these are all rumours, but with a strike force that scored 31 goals, without either being the regular penalty taker and FFP rules likely to reduce our spending power; is a striker our priority signing? :102:

This is NOT a get at Pearson - is a striker our priority signing? :102:

I would say so. Of the 4 strikers likely to be still be here next season, Nugent, Beckford, Vassel and Waghorn, only Beckford is over six foot and none of them is renowned as powerful with their head. Take Beckford out and their average height is only 5'9".

I would say we need someone like Jay Bothroyd so we at least have the option of a target man when Schmeichel is lumping it up the field.

Last edited:
I saw him in a few clips on TV during Fleetwood's cup run. I got the impression he was more of a wide player/forward rather than an out and out striker. He looked very tricky. I like the idea of this one - gerrimin!

I'm surprised this hasn't been merged with the original thread yet.

This is NOT a get at Pearson because these are all rumours, but with a strike force that scored 31 goals, without either being the regular penalty taker and FFP rules likely to reduce our spending power; is a striker our priority signing? :102:

Massively. If Beckdford or Nugent go off form there is nobody to take their place. Vassell is a past-it, 2 goal a season striker. Waghorn is not good enough. Schlupp is far from the finished article. Howard offers nothing.

Massively. If Beckdford or Nugent go off form there is nobody to take their place. Vassell is a past-it, 2 goal a season striker. Waghorn is not good enough. Schlupp is far from the finished article. Howard offers nothing.

So a substitute striker is our priority signing when half of our midfield are shite?!

So a substitute striker is our priority signing when half of our midfield are shite?!

Maybe a substitute striker that Pearson is interested in is available before any of his other targets, what's the problem?

Don't tell me people are shitting themselves already despite the current season not even being finished.

Maybe a substitute striker that Pearson is interested in is available before any of his other targets, what's the problem?

Don't tell me people are shitting themselves already despite the current season not even being finished.

I think you're missing the point.

"Priority" signing suggests that people think it's the most important signing. It's clearly not.

We have 4 frontline strikers on the books even after Howard and Vassell don't get renewals (Nugent, Beckford, Schlupp, Waghorn) and some good prospects coming through from the youth setup, if none of the 4 go why would we look at signing anymore strikers?

We have 4 frontline strikers on the books even after Howard and Vassell don't get renewals (Nugent, Beckford, Schlupp, Waghorn) and some good prospects coming through from the youth setup, if none of the 4 go why would we look at signing anymore strikers?

Because if you want to get promotion from the Championship you have to have at least 1 striker to cover injuries who is actually able to score goals, we don't have one player of that description.

Luckily we have not had any serious injuries to the top 2 otherwise I can assure you we would not even be in this average position we currently find ourselves.

Because if you want to get promotion from the Championship you have to have at least 1 striker to cover injuries who is actually able to score goals, we don't have one player of that description.

Luckily we have not had any serious injuries to the top 2 otherwise I can assure you we would not even be in this average position we currently find ourselves.

With the position that we probably need to sell before we buy in the forward positions who do you think we'll sell?

I don't really see how you can argue with Lako42's point. In my opinion, a striker is as important as a new midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669