Speculation Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see how you can argue with Lako42's point. In my opinion, a striker is as important as a new midfielder.

Because the starting 11 is more important than a substitute.

Beckford and Nugent could play all 46 games and are of sufficient quality for this league.

We do not have an adequate central midfielder.

We do not have an adequate central midfielder.

You don't think we have a single adequate central midfielder?

King is more than good enough for this league and I think Danns and Drinkwater are solid players too.

Danns has proven to be an invaluable central midfielder imo.

You don't think we have a single adequate central midfielder?

King is more than good enough for this league and I think Danns and Drinkwater are solid players too.

I meant that we need another, better, one. I believe that the quality in midfield is below that of the rest of the first XI, barring maybe right back. Marshall has potential, and Danns is solid, but King hasn't performed for a year now irrespective of whether he was being played out of position.

(Dyer/DD --- Danns --- King --- Marshall) does not currently look like a Championship beating midfield.

I meant that we need another, better, one. I believe that the quality in midfield is below that of the rest of the first XI, barring maybe right back. Marshall has potential, and Danns is solid, but King hasn't performed for a year now irrespective of whether he was being played out of position.

(Dyer/DD --- Danns --- King --- Marshall) does not currently look like a Championship beating midfield.

King has been injured for the best part of that year.

King hasn't performed for a year now irrespective of whether he was being played out of position.

He's certainly not had a great season by his standards, he was rotated a lot to facilitate new signings, he's been injured for a lengthy spell, but I think he is easily the most underrated player at this club. When he's fit and playing week-in, week-out he is a fantastic player to have in the side.

He's scored nearly 40 goals over the last three seasons - the last great midfielder we had was Muzzy Izzet and King's managed more goals in three seasons than Izzet did in his whole time here!

People will say scoring goals isn't everything, but his attacking play is good, his workrate is good and despite what people say he can and does tackle. He's the kind of player who can go unnoticed for half an hour only to pop up and bag a couple of goals. As far as I'm concerned, there are no midfielders in our current side who are even close to being as good as him. What we need is a physical presence in the centre of midfielder so King can get on with doing what he does best.

It absolutely astonishes me that people don't seem to rate him, saying he's 'a passenger' or he 'goes missing' the boy is absolute class and he's only going to get better.

Last edited:
King has been injured for the best part of that year.

He's still made 24 appearances (plus 6 sub) and hasn't looked as good as he did previously. Whether NP can re-energise him into that same midfielder is up for debate.

I'm just not convinced that we can depend on him based on both injuries and form.

It absolutely astonishes me that people don't seem to rate him, saying he's 'a passenger' or he 'goes missing' the boy is absolute class and he's only going to get better.

I think King is an excellent player, but as you say he's had a poor season and I'm a little apprehensive of him leading the line next year. How he responds to this underachieving season is anyone's guess.

It's certainly going to be a big season for him.

He's certainly not had a great season by his standards, he was rotated a lot to facilitate new signings, he's been injured for a lengthy spell, but I think he is easily the most underrated player at this club. When he's fit and playing week-in, week-out he is a fantastic player to have in the side.

He's scored nearly 40 goals over the last three seasons - the last great midfielder we had was Muzzy Izzet and King's managed more goals in three seasons than Izzet did in his whole time here!

People will say scoring goals isn't everything, but his attacking play is good, his workrate is good and despite what people say he can and does tackle. He's the kind of player who can go unnoticed for half an hour only to pop up and bag a couple of goals. As far as I'm concerned, there are no midfielders in our current side who are even close to being as good as him. What we need is a physical presence in the centre of midfielder so King can get on with doing what he does best.

:038:

I do not agree with he goes missing argument either, it really annoys me if I'm honest. He always does everything well with minimal fuss. Just cos he doesn't go flying in to tackles or whack long speculative balls around the park people seem to think he does nothing. If you watch him he does far more than any other midfielder I've seen at City in recent years. His work rate is very good and because he seems to do his job well without trying to be flash it gives some fans the opportunity to make him their scapegoat of the week/month/season.

Granted this season has not been his best but he has hardly been match fit.

No he's not.

In his career so far, King has scored 44 goals. Izzet scored 47 for us. If you're talking about league goals, they're both on 38.

Muzzy also scored most of his at the top level, not in fecking league one and the championship.

No he's not.

In his career so far, King has scored 44 goals. Izzet scored 47 for us. If you're talking about league goals, they're both on 38.

Just goes to show you should never trust Wikipedia eh?

Muzzy also scored most of his at the top level, not in fecking league one and the championship.

Regardless, I think the point still stands - if he carries on at this rate, he will score far more than Muzzy did while he was here. I'm not saying he's a better player, just comparing their scoring records. I do realise that Muzzy scored most of his goals in the top flight, but we're not in the top flight at the minute and we haven't been for a while. Just using Izzet as an example of how King's scoring record stands up against the player some would consider one of the best midfielders to play for the club, especially in the last few decades.

Wikipedia only shows league goals, and it's showing the correct number.

Well I assumed 37 was Muzzy's total haul as it says so on his page, whereas wiki lists Andy King's total as 43, which is why I said what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669