New Contract Jannik Vestergaard

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached for Danish international defender Jannik Vestergaard to extend his stay at King Power Stadium.

The 31-year-old, who was one of the Club’s standout performers in the 2023/24 Championship winning season, moved to Filbert Way from Southampton in August 2021 and has now signed a new contract with the Foxes until the summer of 2027.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Vestergaard said: “With the football and my situation having developed in a positive way, I’m just very happy to be here. It’s something that fills me with some sort of pride as well that I went through the lows and I continued to work. I’ve come out on the other side and shown a little bit more of what I can contribute.”

The Denmark international has made 67 appearances in all competitions for City, including 42 league displays last season, with his performances at the heart of the defensive line helping the Foxes to the Sky Bet Championship title.

He netted his first goal for the Club in a 3-1 win at Swansea City in October, before scoring his second of the campaign in a 3-2 home victory over Millwall in December.

His displays in 2023/24 also earned him an international recall in November, as he featured in UEFA EURO 2024 qualifying games against Slovenia and Northern Ireland to take his tally to 39 senior caps.

He was great last season... But....

It's very sensible to offer him a new deal. 3 years however isn't particularly well thought out ...

Leicester City Football Club can confirm an agreement has been reached for Danish international defender Jannik Vestergaard to extend his stay at King Power Stadium.

The 31-year-old, who was one of the Club’s standout performers in the 2023/24 Championship winning season, moved to Filbert Way from Southampton in August 2021 and has now signed a new contract with the Foxes until the summer of 2027.

Speaking to LCFC.com, Vestergaard said: “With the football and my situation having developed in a positive way, I’m just very happy to be here. It’s something that fills me with some sort of pride as well that I went through the lows and I continued to work. I’ve come out on the other side and shown a little bit more of what I can contribute.”

The Denmark international has made 67 appearances in all competitions for City, including 42 league displays last season, with his performances at the heart of the defensive line helping the Foxes to the Sky Bet Championship title.

He netted his first goal for the Club in a 3-1 win at Swansea City in October, before scoring his second of the campaign in a 3-2 home victory over Millwall in December.

His displays in 2023/24 also earned him an international recall in November, as he featured in UEFA EURO 2024 qualifying games against Slovenia and Northern Ireland to take his tally to 39 senior caps.
3 years when the only coach we’ve had that’s made it work with him has just left.

Still doling out the Rudkin specials, then…

3 years when the only coach we’ve had that’s made it work with him has just left.

Still doling out the Rudkin specials, then…
That does make it sound as though he's worked under about 12 coaches....

He was always a decent player, he just needed playing in the right place with the right people.

Damn, whoever is negotiating for him is doing well.

3 Years is a lot but to sign another defender would also cost a lot. I suppose he's also got a good season under his belt last year so if the new manager doesn't want to play him too often then clubs will be interested.

God. I hope the wages aren't too high.

I’ve gone floppy again.

**** knows what we've paid him

Three ****ing years is bordering on the insane

At least wait until we’ve got a new manager in before making ****ing ludicrous decisions on contracts

Three ****ing years FFS

Bat shit, crazy, mental contract to dish out.

He probably won't even play next year as the new manager will see he can't run and get absolutely torn to shreds in the PL.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663