New Contract Jannik Vestergaard

People might say that giving a 31 year old a three year contract is a bit much, but it's not like Vestergaard is going to lose his pace

Probably because in our heads he's older than 31. 31?? ****ing hell, think even I'd outrun the ****.

3 years for a player we were desperate to get shot of, until he had 1 good season in the Championship...

Madness.
A player who was (mis)managed by that **** Rodgers and then showed his abilities when properly managed by a person who knows how to coach players.

Anyone else wish they worked with Rudkin as a boss? The contracts he gives out seem to be quality for the employee.

He has a big advantage over JV.

He won’t lose any of his pace as he gets older!

(Can’t lose what you never had, and all that!)

Crazy contract. He's already shown that he can't handle the premier league. Maybe we are just resigned to relegation and that are planning for season after next. I wonder what wage he's on? Presumably less?

Crazy contract. He's already shown that he can't handle the premier league. Maybe we are just resigned to relegation and that are planning for season after next. I wonder what wage he's on? Presumably less?
He didn’t do well under Bodgers, but who did.
He has been brilliant this season, and was excellent at Southampton.
If we get the right manager, he could be another Huth for us.

I hope so.

I just have nightmares of the Chelsea forwards skinning him alive during the FA Cup match this season. He's a decent player and had a good season with us, but my word is he slow.

… and so you partner him with a fast CB, so you are not exposed. His positioning and passing are terrific.

I do wonder what this new contract says about the managerial appointment. Have they given him a new contract because everyone they've spoken to has said they'd want to keep him, or have they signed him so they can tell their potential new managers what a great player they've just re-signed and who they'll be expected to work with?

I do wonder what this new contract says about the managerial appointment. Have they given him a new contract because everyone they've spoken to has said they'd want to keep him, or have they signed him so they can tell their potential new managers what a great player they've just re-signed and who they'll be expected to work with?
Could be that Rudkin is on a Greek island unaware that Maresca has left?

3 ****ing Years!! Just who is signing these things off now? His agent is definately earning his cut. Did he hold and guide the pissed up, witless ****ers hand, as he signed the contract??

A decent DoF would have already consulted the incoming manager on who to keep and who to let go (hence Vardy and Vestergaard renewing and Albrighton, Iheanacho and Praet being let go).

Leicester’s DoF however…

No idea what some of you are on about.

If he'd ****ed off it would have been for free. Leaving us having to find a significant wedge for another CB. One of the most difficult positions on a football pitch to integrate into a partnership. Especially quickly.

If we were dripping with money & had a top level squad already he'd probably have been released. But that ain't the world we're in. It's a decision that was essentially made for us.

& 3 years is OK for a CB taking him up to 34. Gives us a chance to sell on for some sort of return if he does well over the next 2 years.

It's a decision dictated by circumstance, pure & simple.

No idea what some of you are on about.

If he'd ****ed off it would have been for free. Leaving us having to find a significant wedge for another CB. One of the most difficult positions on a football pitch to integrate into a partnership. Especially quickly.

If we were dripping with money & had a top level squad already he'd probably have been released. But that ain't the world we're in. It's a decision that was essentially made for us.

& 3 years is OK for a CB taking him up to 34. Gives us a chance to sell on for some sort of return if he does well over the next 2 years.

It's a decision dictated by circumstance, pure & simple.
There’s no place for your sensible ramblings on TB.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663