January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Gilbert out of contract at the end of the season?

Haven't Arsenal already said they're not going to renew his contract, they're letting him go?

If so, why would we pay 750K for him? Or indeed any amount, unless another club is sniffing around. Couldn't we get him on loan for the remainder of his contract, then sign him on a free?

Or maybe I'm just missing the point, as usual.

Football rumours have us in for Sean Scannell, Darren Ambrose, & Jobi Mcanuff.............

i would like the following santa.....

OUTS: Oakley, McGivern, Howard, maybe even Morrisson.

INS: probably mostly premiership loans but players in these positions.... big man up front, a good left back, a good right back, a good right winger, and someone in the middle.

thanking you.

Lord Patterson.

I cannot agree with you about Morrison. I have hopes that Morrison and Hobbs will become the new Elliot-Taggart partnership as both IMO will eventually become Premiership players.

Or the bitter double blow of losing DJ and Dickov.

Shit! Don't even say that! Would rather lose Fryatt!

Will there be a support group available for those who just find the grief to hard to handle? Else I might end up throwing myself of a bridge!

I would be much happier if at the end of January we have less, and not more players in the squad.

Aman Verma, Paul Dickov, Astrit Ajdarevic, DJ Campbell, Ashley Chambers, Nicky Adama (I think he could offer something but clearly NP doesn't so we may as well get rid of him), Stephen Clemence

All of these can go and we would not be in any way weakened.... Could even throw Lloyd Dyer in to that list. If we could get rid of some of these players and with the fees received, and more importantly, wages saved on the likes of Dickov and Campbell and we could get just 2 quality players in and we would be in a much better position.

I would be much happier if at the end of January we have less, and not more players in the squad.

Aman Verma, Paul Dickov, Astrit Ajdarevic, DJ Campbell, Ashley Chambers, Nicky Adama (I think he could offer something but clearly NP doesn't so we may as well get rid of him), Stephen Clemence

All of these can go and we would not be in any way weakened.... Could even throw Lloyd Dyer in to that list. If we could get rid of some of these players and with the fees received, and more importantly, wages saved on the likes of Dickov and Campbell and we could get just 2 quality players in and we would be in a much better position.

I can't understand this attitude of 'if there not in the team there shit and get rid'. Particularly with the young lads. I think Ajdarevic is still only 19, Chambers is younger.

Bit different with Adams. I'm not sure he's NP kind of player. If you look at the players in the first team, most are 'dependable' solid hard workers. I don't think any of them could be described as 'runners'. i.e. Savage type players.
Look at the midfield - King, Wellens, Oakley - none of them box-to-box midfielders.
It appears to me that NP likes more measured players.

IMO this is why Gradel and Adams are not getting near the team.

I can't understand this attitude of 'if there not in the team there shit and get rid'. Particularly with the young lads. I think Ajdarevic is still only 19, Chambers is younger.

Bit different with Adams. I'm not sure he's NP kind of player. If you look at the players in the first team, most are 'dependable' solid hard workers. I don't think any of them could be described as 'runners'. i.e. Savage type players.
Look at the midfield - King, Wellens, Oakley - none of them box-to-box midfielders.
It appears to me that NP likes more measured players.

IMO this is why Gradel and Adams are not getting near the team.

I'd agrre with that, Adjarevic has clearly been signed as one for the future. Wouldn't get shot of Dyer either, not unless we had a natural replacement lined up.

I'd agrre with that, Adjarevic has clearly been signed as one for the future. Wouldn't get shot of Dyer either, not unless we had a natural replacement lined up.

I'd agree with that. Can see Gradel & Adams leaving in January along with DJ and Dickov - none except for Gradel to be missed by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669